Tatw or combo?

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
medved

PLease somebody like sputnick or Owen4ever or aznfreestyler answer my question: What differentiates a tatw from an atw-htw combo. This has been stumping me because sometimes i think i might have done a tatw because I jump pretty late and then I think maybe i just did a lame atw-htw combo. Know what I mean? My feeling tells me that if you go around the ball then hit it up again while the second revolving foot is airborne, then its a tatw. Could some one please make sure of this because i either got down tatw or im jumping so late to do it that its actualy an atw-htw. Whats the difference?

Sputnik

okay i thought about this before.

[this is for right footed]

the difference is the jumping and contact.

with a tatw you start an atw, then jump with your left leg, then make contact and complete the htw part with left leg.

with an atw-htw you do a full revolution before you jump.

i hope that explains it, if not tell me
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

medved

Ya that basically makes sense but the only problem is there is no solid line to seperate them, even if you jump before the second touch of atw it will still look like the combo if the jump starts when you are under the ball(like what you said all the way around)instead of halfay or 3/4ths around it. So ya your right because when i taped miself today i was jumping too close before i hit the ball,when i was right under it, and it just didnt look like tatw. So its what you say if the jump happens before the foot makes it all the way around (all the way being directly underneath the ball) then its tatw. Thanks for the help btw you always respond to mi problems. :D

aZn freestyler
Veteran Member

there is a solid line IMO....with atw htw....(like sputty said)...u make a full revolution of the ball...

with tatw...there is a clear jump with the left leg before contact is made with the ball...

u may need to work on jumping earlier (which i find ironic coz when most ppl learn tatw they jump too early :P)....to make it look more like a tatw ;)
The meaning of "PERSERVERANCE" is trying to master a freestyle trick that you just can't seem to do.......

australian freestyle crew "FDU"'s website..check it out...
http://www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

medved

Ya your right but theres another one of mi problems.

I jump too early sometimes and get realy high and it looks quite nice but when i touch it(if i touch it at all) its never gets enough upward force so i can catch it again.

But Azn do you realy start a awt then look at the ball and your foot then when its 3/4 around you jump(because you always say thats when the jumping should be done), or do you just do it as one move without even thinking about it now once youve learned the mechanics through practicing it?