cheststall

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
akimatsu

cheststall

Post by akimatsu » 30 Mar 2005, 14:17

do any of you know how to do a cheststall? it comes out in almost every nike commericial (the mission, stickman, secret tournament, etc). i've tried it but it doesnt seem to work. can any of you give me directions and tips on how to do it? thx :)

Rosario

Post by Rosario » 30 Mar 2005, 19:31

i also want to know.it looks cool.imagine doing it into a match.so impressive.i have an international trial in three weeks so id like to learn it before then.thx

dooglas
Veteran Member

Post by dooglas » 30 Mar 2005, 19:34

The ball will be coming to u, right before it gets to your chest, your gonna stall it like in the top corner of your chest, close to you neck, so right before it hits give a good lean back and cushion it, no guarantees though, you gotta practice it lol.

what is an international trial?
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

Rosario

Post by Rosario » 30 Mar 2005, 19:49

its a trial to get on your countrys team.i have ireland u17 trials soon

Kevin

Post by Kevin » 30 Mar 2005, 20:45

Rosario wrote:its a trial to get on your countrys team.i have ireland u17 trials soon
nice man, but I have no idea how you should do a chest-stall during a match. I don't think it has a positive effect :?

Rosario

Post by Rosario » 31 Mar 2005, 15:24

if im winning easily or during a break in play if i do it in front of the ireland manager he may be impressed.im not from dublin so im at a disadvantage straight away.i'll have to do something very special to even get a look in.if any of ye have had a similar situation i'd appreciate any advice.

Gaucho

Post by Gaucho » 31 Mar 2005, 16:28

ye m8..rosario doesnt sound too irish to me..but just play good football man..be cohesive with the other players..but whenever u get one on one take him on man...put him on his back..jus be really effective..complete the passes and the dribbling and make sure all shots r on target. Top the actim index m8. Coaches like it when u show compassion for team-mates as well...when someone takes a tumble pick them up. good luck
Gimme the ball.

Rosario

Post by Rosario » 01 Apr 2005, 13:55

Rosario is just my log in name.my real name is less brazilian sounding.thx 4 the advice m8.i know coaches hate it when a shots off target.i will take your positive approach when attacking on board.after all i have nothing to lose.if i play safe i won't get noticed.if i try and be positive and i play awful at least i tryed.have you ever had an important trial or anything.

Gaucho

Post by Gaucho » 01 Apr 2005, 14:31

Yeah man ..i'm at an academy now..i didnt make it at wolves..birmingham..and watford..never stopped though..NEVER stop.
Gimme the ball.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » 01 Apr 2005, 14:55

I had, but not for the national team (it was for a selection team of my region, there are 4 in total of my province and after a while they will all meat eachother at one big tourney. The winner of that tourney will face selection teams from other provinces in Belgium). So the first match was against all kinds of players from different teams, from which they made 2 teams off (and from those 30 guys I think, they selected 18). I was playing with the strongest team allthough we drawed, after the match I heard I was selected with almost the same guys from the team I played with (I think they already knew which guys they wanted to have in the selected team) ...

This monday I play my real first match with the selection team against another club (we will first play against a few clubs before playing the tourney). I'm not really afraid for losing my position in the team but i still want to play well because there are scouts watching those games ...

anyway I agree with everything that is already said. Don't make yourself to nervous during the match, also show it on the pitch that youre relaxed and that you have faith in yourself. Be shure when you have the ball !

Rosario

Post by Rosario » 01 Apr 2005, 16:10

what club are you at now gaucho and what age do you play at.im moving to an irish league club this year and it has a link with birmingham so i may get a trial.what was the trials like at the other clubs.do they tell you a reason wht they pick you or not.and also would you be able to give me addresses of the club your at and other english clubs so i can write to them.as i said before im not from dublin so im probably not gonna get picked[99% of ireland youth team from dublin].so i need an english club beside my name to get noticed.also thx to kevin.i will try to look confident on the ball.also im quite unfit at the moment so any advice with football or fitness stuff ye do in england will help.the trials lasts 3 hours and ends with a full match so i need to be really fit.thx guys

Gaucho

Post by Gaucho » 01 Apr 2005, 16:41

You have to be 'better than what they've got' . Just be creative and whatever they tell u during a practice game or drill..apply it immediately..u have to show them that u can learn. U hav to make QUALITY passes to feet allll the time. Be friendly..if one of the lads there dont respect u or doesnt like jus ignore..but if he goes down ..still pick him up. I play under 18s..i been on the bench for the reserves once ..under 18s mainly.
Gimme the ball.

Rosario

Post by Rosario » 02 Apr 2005, 17:05

u18s so not too far away from a contract if you keep a good standard.do you know if you can get a trial by e-mailing the clubs or do you have to write.i'm in ireland so thats hard for me to do anything.are you allowed say what team you play for on this forum cos i'd like to know.thx for the details of your trial experience.where u play btw