Learning ATW? LOOK HERE

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
ninjafootballer

Post by ninjafootballer » 13 Aug 2009, 06:43

I think for beginners you should use a balloon to get a fell of the movement and work up to a ball.
This helped me a lot.

amu86

Post by amu86 » 30 Apr 2010, 13:28

i can do the motion for the atw. but my foot never hits the ball correctly. i get my foot around the ball, but the ball just goes off to the side. any tips

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 30 Apr 2010, 15:34

If you're getting around the ball, but just not getting a good touch after the atw just keep doing it. There are no secrets or even tips at this point for you if you get all the way around, but can't get the right first touch.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 30 Apr 2010, 20:30

just practiceeeeee..... seriouslly... see how the time before, you where shittier, than the recent one you tried??? keep trying...

copy, do and repeat... its not rocket science
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 30 Apr 2010, 21:13

A little more patience please, Panchester. We were all there once, and probably equally frustrated.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 30 Apr 2010, 21:35

Rome it's very solid advice though. There is NOTHING we can tell him that'll make him be able to do it. He needs to figure out where he is going wrong himself and you do that through practice.

Example:
There are guidelines for shooting, but it hearing\reading it will not make you have a professional grade shot. Since working on improving my shot by basing it off of what works best while practicing I'm MILES ahead of when I'd constantly look for little tips\tricks\secrets to getting better.

Practice

amu86

Post by amu86 » 30 Apr 2010, 21:49

thanks for the advice, ill go practice it more.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 30 Apr 2010, 22:06

Rome_Leader wrote:A little more patience please, Panchester. We were all there once, and probably equally frustrated.
Yeah Rome, you are right, but the reason I said it in a less than nice tone was because this has to be atleast the 10th time I tell amu86 to just practice..

The skill varies, sometimes is shooting, sometimes its dribbling, but the question is always how do I get better?.. and I would think he would be clear by now, but maybe not.. Its cool though... :wink:

Amu86, just keep trying, I know dozens of kids that aren't that even good of players and can easily do the atw, its really easy, if you dedicate an hour to it, you'll probably be very close to having it mastered.. Look at how profesional freestylers do much more complicated things, maybe they are gifted but chances are they just practiced their way up to there, either way, if people can do 10 atw in a row, with right and left leg, you can definetly do 1 with your strong foot, trust me on that.[/list]

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 30 Apr 2010, 22:15

Icy wrote:Rome it's very solid advice though. There is NOTHING we can tell him that'll make him be able to do it. He needs to figure out where he is going wrong himself and you do that through practice.

Example:
There are guidelines for shooting, but it hearing\reading it will not make you have a professional grade shot. Since working on improving my shot by basing it off of what works best while practicing I'm MILES ahead of when I'd constantly look for little tips\tricks\secrets to getting better.

Practice
Oh, I totally agree. Just saying. Maybe he has had to push the principle of practice a little hard to amu in the past, but I would hope for some understanding either way.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 30 Apr 2010, 22:21

I see Rome - idk.. I didn't read it in a bad tone even though - funny enough - Panchester says it was haha

Amu86, just keep trying, I know dozens of kids that aren't that even good of players and can easily do the atw, its really easy, if you dedicate an hour to it, you'll probably be very close to having it mastered.
The most important thing is honestly to believe. I know, how cliche, but I've had success with two people who "knew" they couldn't do it. One person had it within 15 minutes after me giving him a quick demonstration and tell him I guarantee he'll be able to do it that day. 15 minutes later he does his first, then his next try he did another, and finally he decided to show me.

amu please realize that it's truly not a hard skill and I know you can do it. Frankly man record yourself if you can and post it when you do it even if it's not fluid. I'd love to see it because I gaurantee if you practice a bit tonight you'll be posting it tomorrow.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 30 Apr 2010, 22:27

not even, I wouldn't say belief had anything to do with me becoming a good player.. I just practice with an attitude " I know I'm getting better " and I saw the results.. Then and only then did I start to believe in myself as a footballer, like walking in the fields with confidence. Meaning, I never had over confidence or lower confidence, I always had the-right confidence, I knew what I was capable of, I knew how much I had practice, I knew I had done this and that before, and I knew I hadn't done some other things before, so I was probably not gonna get it right of the bat.

But my formation as a footballer was probably different to everybody's here. So maybe you had to focus on believing, an all that, I just played a lot, practiced, got better, and realized I was good and believed.. But I never had to focus on "panchester believe in yourself ".

But to get good the only thing you need is a ball, thats the beautiful thing about it...

Oh and for skills of this matter, also in shooting, visualization supposedly helps.. I've never really tried it but according to every single article I've read about it, it helps the same as practicing, so why not train with the ball, then in the night before you fall asleep just visualize yourself doing it? Its worth the try.

amu please realize that it's truly not a hard skill and I know you can do it. Frankly man record yourself if you can and post it when you do it even if it's not fluid. I'd love to see it because I gaurantee if you practice a bit tonight you'll be posting it tomorrow.
and that will be the same with everything ya do in yourlife.. The only way you wont get good is if your doubts and fears are big enough to stop you from practicing.. If you get out there, worried and insecured, but still give it your best effort theres no force or power strong enough to stop you from undoubtly getting the skill down ;)

Notice how it sounds like a big task for you, but for us its a picnic.. Same with everything, our own personal battles might seem big for us, but for many people they are a joke, and every skill you obtain in your life, big, or small, require the same ingredients to achieve it.. Practice, Work, Sacrifice, Passion, and persistance....... Doesn't matter if you think its hard or easy, to get good at it, you'll have to go through a process of being bad at first, and improving progressively till youre good..

heiky0711

Re:

Post by heiky0711 » 22 Jan 2013, 09:13

AznSpike42 wrote:Question! When doing around an ATW (while juggling), do you...

slice the ball and go into the circle OR

do you lift your foot from beneath the ball and circle around it?

Because I'm able to do an ATW from a stall and juggling BUT only if I'm juggle the ball on the same foot while it's low. I can't alternate between feet and then pull off an ATW for sum reason because the ball ends up going up too high for my foot to revolve around.
Preferably, slicing the ball as it is easier to get around the ball although it is more difficult than go into circle. The second option is easier and good for starters in doing ATW.

http://soccer-tricks.blogspot.co.uk/200 ... r.html?m=1

Thank you for bringing up this issue :)

My Latest Football Vlog: https://youtu.be/AAmtqY6kjFM
Subscribe my YT channel: http://bit.do/theheiky11
My blog http://soccer-tricks.blogspot.com