1.) The best freestyler in the world
2.) The best football player in the world
3.) or a waterboy :lol: :roll:
retardx

Post by retardx »

the best footballer in the world.
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

well most people will say footballer as this is a football forum. they get much more money fame and cool sh*t.

but realistically if i had to work for it id say freestyler because palle could live off the money he earns, it can be done from start to finish in a year and a half, any kid even in antarctica (or wales lol jk) could learn if they had a ball. it is so much easier to fit around your life that football.. heck you can do it in your house.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`
JDTRIXTA

Post by JDTRIXTA »

yer true. and if you couldnt make up your mind im sure the money you would get in being a pro footballer would :lol:
ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc »

Think about it, would you rather
(a) be a freestyler, have some commercials on tv, and perform at half time of games, or
(b) be the best footballer in the world, play at the highest level in front of thousands of screaming fans that absolutely revere you, and score the winning goal in the 92nd minute of the world cup final!!!!!!!!

would you rather be pele or palle?????????? (lol)

And Sputty, i guess you could fit freestyling around your schedule more, but imagine if you played for a team like barcelona. Wouldnt you want to be at training and playing with your teammates like 24/7! I know I would. If you are choosing just for the convenience, you might as well be a water boy.

(btw, you might want to make this a poll)
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

ajc wrote:And Sputty, i guess you could fit freestyling around your schedule more, but imagine if you played for a team like barcelona. Wouldnt you want to be at training and playing with your teammates like 24/7! I know I would. If you are choosing just for the convenience, you might as well be a water boy.

(btw, you might want to make this a poll)
Of course not, anyone good enough to play for Barcalona would train and want to train footy 24/7. im saying for 99% of the world who wont even make it semi pro, freestyle is more convienient, you can just do it yourself anywhere with a ball, without organising a team get together, and is a technically easier goal to achieve. most people freestyle as a seperate entity to football, it is like a whole different hobby, so you cannot say 'you might as well be a waterboy', because you are trying to compare two different things. this entire thread is really. its like comparing pro golf to pro motor racing. they both have good and bad points, you cannot compare the two or find links, which is what this thread is incorrectly suggesting.

everyone in a perfect world would want to be the best footy player in the world but there is a 6,000,000,000:1 chance it will be you :wink: with freestyle its maybe only 1:10,000 at most, so yes it is more convenient and realistic
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`
lil italy
Veteran Member

Post by lil italy »

ajc wrote:
would you rather be pele or palle?????????? (lol)
haha i found that quite amusing :)

I find this really hard to choose between.
As sputnik has said, footballing really takes up your life while freestyle is very flexible. And in soccer you have a lot to aim for, such as playing in the world cup. Scoring a great goal feels awesome inside, and an important goal in the last minute in the wc final would be brilliant. The money and fame would be awesome too.

On the other hand, in freestyle it is very easy to see improvement, and you can always get better, even if you are only adding 1 move to your best combo. You can still have a life, and can spend plenty of time with family and friends. You dont have to practice as much, and can eat whatever you want :D (very important to me)

I would probably rather be a waterboy
JUST KIDDING :lol:
If i could still freestyle as a pro footballer then id be a soccer player.
If not, i choose the laid back, fun hobby of freestyle. That way, i would still be able to bludge around, and get paid to do cool tricks :D cant get much better than that
ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc »

Good points guys. I see what your saying sputnik, but the question was would you rather be the BEST footballer in the world, not if you would rather be semi-pro, or what would be realistic to acheive. But its all good. 8)

And you can eat whatever you want, lol.
scene

yup

Post by scene »

well i love soccer. and even if i wasn't the best in the world it would be my dream to make it pro. but then again all of you make a good point, freestyling is so much fun, it takes your mind off things and is a great hobby, just the same as soccer. i dunno i really wish i could be a good balance of freestyling and soccer, such as the greats like ronaldinho and c.ronaldo, i dunno in the end i would just do whats fun. like i dont like soccer for the fame and money i like it because its the best damn sport ever. so i guess i'd choose both.
p.s(waterboi if i suck at soccer and freestyling) :D
Mister619
New User

Post by Mister619 »

Yes I Want To Be A Great Footballer But Not That Much Like I Want To Be Like Roberto Carlos Or Owen :lol:
doing it 619 style
jonas Vanden Broecke
Sophomore Member

what did you think ?

Post by jonas Vanden Broecke »

The best football player in the world . and it's not for the money . And no its not for the money . It just has to be awesome to live your dream . and play the one thing you love most . I would do it for free . For sure . peace enjoy the game and make them remember your name . * Sanoj *

Say no to racism
The Ronaldo of soccer
New User

Post by The Ronaldo of soccer »

I'd do any of those things. I love to kick around a football. Be it in a game or just doing tricks. I would even be a water boy for a Pro team just so I could be at the games with Front row seats. :D
G-Unit-Freestyler

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler »

The Ronaldo of soccer wrote:I'd do any of those things. I love to kick around a football. Be it in a game or just doing tricks. I would even be a water boy for a Pro team just so I could be at the games with Front row seats. :D
and u get a free fries + coke for every ball u throw back :D Ive tried it, and its pretty fun.

Hmm I choose both.
a3.freestyle
New User

Post by a3.freestyle »

freestyling simply because i would have more time on my hands at a pro footballer its mostly fame i think ppl want it for, the money the pix etc...i mean i would rather just play for fun and not bother going to some photoshoot!

and plus i wont be good enuff to make it pro!
powell
English Meister

Post by powell »

a pro football. not for the fame nor the money just to have the oppertunity to do what i do and what i enjoy for a living. Sure it would be nice to have the fame but not the most improtant thing, winning trophies would beat having fame and money any day