Balancing ball on head

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
ezza_44

Can someone please tell me how do u balance the ball on your head cos iv been tryin it 4 a long time n i cant get the hang of it? any tips or suggestions would be appriciated..thx in advance :)

AusSkills

im also a novice at this but il tell you what ive learnt. with the head stall i recommend you watch a lot of video so you can see exactly how others do it. i have learnt that you shouldnt try and balance it between your nose and your forehead, doesnt work so well and ive only seen ronaldinho do that. you should try and balance it directly on a little flat area at the top of your forehead (just incase you didnt know your forehead is that front part of your head located just below your fringe) and look up a little bit but not too much cause your neck gets sore. also when your trying to balance it ive noticed that to stop it falling off your head you need to make quick precise movements in the opposite direction that the ball is rolling off of. eg. if the ball starts rolling to the right of your head you need to quickly roll your head to the left and the ball will follow rather then trying to follow the ball and run off to your right. hope that made sense and correct me if im wrong
"Understand that the ball is a sphere and that we are not designed by nature to control it with our feet. Our nature is to control it with the hand. But he who can take complete command of it with his feet will always have an edge, and win in this game"

aZn freestyler
Veteran Member

try to balance the ball where ausskills said...on the forehead...i try to do it where my hair starts...the fringe....start by putting it there...once u get that....throw it form u hands and try to balance it....when u get that...try to do it from a footstall...

try to set goasl...so say...."ok...my goals is stall it for 5 secs..."...once u get that...say ok...now its 10" etc.....
The meaning of "PERSERVERANCE" is trying to master a freestyle trick that you just can't seem to do.......

australian freestyle crew "FDU"'s website..check it out...
http://www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

Kevin

practise

ezza_44

thx guys relly helped alot...cos i was always following where the ball was goin...thx agin:)

Sputnik

i do say i have to agree guys, this is one of the only tricks where i feel its little about technique and most about practise. My friend doesnt even freestyle, n he only practised 4 15 minutes on three fridays when i came round his house... n he can do it 4 like 7 or 8 secs. You should try and find someone who can actually do it to prractise with so they can correct ur technique, but from here not much anyone can say to help. Saying that here's what i do
tilt my neck back as far as itll go (til its facing straight up) and its resting on my back/shoulder area.
place the ball on my head wit my hands (for you anyway) on my fridge where the hairline starts, and the ball on the centre of my forehead directly in line with my nose. If you do this correctly, it should be directly above your spine.
Also you should try not to move your legs when you practise as it only hinders you otherwise. You should only bend from your hips. To help this, I practised neeling down.
Now i dont have to do all of those things, but basically it wasnt technique that helped me but practise. good luck man. respect.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

adam #17
Sophomore Member

I was wondering about this to, thanks. I'll do a few hours today and tell ya'll how it's going.

millerthescouser

theres no technique, relax, keep head still, most important ur feet posistioning. keep head parraell to floor. and er practice
Stevie Gerrard. -amazing. better than those ole dudes.

mustahfa10

the first week i could only do it for like 5 sec. now...three weeks later my record is about 32 sec.

its all practice

Sputnik

in three weeks i went from scratch to around 2 or 3 minutes, walking, and running (kinda but i look dopey :lol: :roll: ) all i did was practise and did wat felt best, this is NOTHING to do with technique at all, though for some the tips above may help you
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)

dapjang
New User

ive noticed that to stop it falling off your head you need to make quick precise movements in the opposite direction that the ball is rolling off of. eg. if the ball starts rolling to the right of your head you need to quickly roll your head to the left and the ball will follow rather then trying to follow the ball and run off to your right.
AusSkills I don't completely understand that. If the ball is falling off to the right and I move left, it only falls off faster. Could you explain this more? Anyone? (plz don't just say "PRACTICE!!!!")

aZn freestyler
Veteran Member

its all to do with footwork....u just need to "follow" the ball around....

a good way to practice (thnks sputnik :wink: ) is to practice on your knees....when you can do that.....then you can do it standing up with ease.....
The meaning of "PERSERVERANCE" is trying to master a freestyle trick that you just can't seem to do.......

australian freestyle crew "FDU"'s website..check it out...
http://www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

Muse9690
New User

Hm...I was wondering...does head shape affect one's ability to balance the ball on their head? I have a pretty round, small head (it's not tiny), and I have a lot of trouble getting this done. I practice a lot...and I stay focused pretty much all the time.

But, I only progressed about 2 seconds the past three days. It's very frustrating, and I'm not trying to have an excuse for not being able to balance a ball on my head. It's just...I was curious.

Sputnik

Muse9690 wrote:Hm...I was wondering...does head shape affect one's ability to balance the ball on their head? I have a pretty round, small head (it's not tiny), and I have a lot of trouble getting this done. I practice a lot...and I stay focused pretty much all the time.

But, I only progressed about 2 seconds the past three days. It's very frustrating, and I'm not trying to have an excuse for not being able to balance a ball on my head. It's just...I was curious.
maybe... but not much. 2 secsonds more in three days isnt bad... you just havent got the technique yet... when you get it BAM you will get minutes and minutes... peace.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)

Muse9690
New User

Yeah...that helps. I guess I just gotta keep going. Sucks, though, cuz I don't have much time to practice...what with school and all.

I wonder how people throw it up to their heads, then balance it without even letting it bounce. They cushion it so well. It looks sweet.