TATW help please

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
aZn freestyler
Veteran Member

i know there is already 2 or 3 threads on this topic but i didnt get waht i needed

when do u jump after the atw bit....coz i cant seem to get the timing right,...
also....

when i seem to time it right every now and then....my foot that does the atw just lands on the ground and doesnt kick the ball back under my left foot.....and its really annoying.....

any one have any tips and hints please post here....coz it would be awesome if i could do TATW.....thnks :wink:
The meaning of "PERSERVERANCE" is trying to master a freestyle trick that you just can't seem to do.......

australian freestyle crew "FDU"'s website..check it out...
http://www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

MickyD#9
Veteran Member

I have exactly the same problem! I do an ATW and jump but i cant get my foot to kick the ball back up...it just hits the ground next to the ball.

FD_ FOR_MS-What's Missing?
www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

millerthescouser

i think u jump wen you are close to half a atw. its easyier and better ta kik the ball back up with your left foot so i try and get it over and under the ball as fast as possible. but im no pro lol. That south african dude will no. 8)
Stevie Gerrard. -amazing. better than those ole dudes.

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

there are no hints and tips. its like asking how can i draw a perfect garfield picture. its practice. i never asked for tips on how to do something, because if you wanna learn, the timing will come. don't expect for me to say, yeah jump at this exact time because thats not how it works. your brain has to learn the mechanics and once it has that mastered, it will become absolutely perfected. get out there, and stay out until you get it. thats how i learned.

aZn freestyler
Veteran Member

its true what u say about just getting the mechanics right and stuff yung...but tips and hints do help.....why do u think they're such people as teachers and professors....they could jus give us a textbook and say "learn this"....but we probably would do a lot better if they acutally taught us...and gave us tips.....and encouragement......

yung, i see where ur coming from...but i think u could be a little more helpful....dude......u learn faster than others....but when u started out im sure u posted many questions and ppl gave u hints and tips....do the same as they did....
The meaning of "PERSERVERANCE" is trying to master a freestyle trick that you just can't seem to do.......

aZn freestyler
Veteran Member

not meaning to make u feel bad or nething.....but u DO ask for tips.....this is a post u did earlier

Posted: Jun 29, 6:07 am Post subject: MATW (Mitchy Around the World)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is a mitchy around the world? i have no idea and does anyone have any tips on knee around the world? like do u have to jump when u do it?

so please dont say "I NEVER ASK FOR TIPS".......i respect u a lot coz ur a great freestyler and ur vids are great......but when someone asks for help....do help em out....coz ppl helped u out too......

millerthescouser

tru 8)
Stevie Gerrard. -amazing. better than those ole dudes.

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

yes your right, for starters i didnt really know what a matw was. all i heard was its inside to outside and it didn't make sense.i asked for help to even see what the move was, and what the technique is

A good tip, is completely master the atw. as your going around, (as if ur doing a normal atw) and just about to kick it back up, hit it under the leg. Watch lots of videos too so you know how to do the moves adn then practice. that quote was taken from palle but also very true. also, try and get lots of power with the start foot that your doing it from so you got a clean hit and it goes up straight. doing it weak will make it fall down. your legs will get faster while practicing as well. dont lift up your other leg to go underneath when your just starting to do the move. do it right when your ABOUT to hit it

Owen4ever
Veteran Member

yes like ryan said, first do the atw and just when you're about to finish the move get your other leg up and hit it under that leg.

aZn freestyler
Veteran Member

thnks guys....and yung for being honest.....no hard feelings?
coz the timing of the jump was giving me the shits...so yeh.....thkns heaps

Shenker
Veteran Member

its like a combo of a crossover and atw... :)............
Start by juggling till the ball gets in a good position to perform an ATW. Let's say you do ATW with your right foot. As soon as you get your right leg started to go around the ball, jump with your standing (left) leg. Finish off going around the ball and you should still have enough momentum to do a crossover with your left leg. The jumping is the key part.

aZn freestyler
Veteran Member

thnks for the tips guys but im still having one major problem.......
im pretty sure i got the timing of the jump right...but my right foot which i initiate the move with still just lands on the ground without kicking the ball....its getting annoying......i know its not exactly natural for the legs to do that and u have to put ur mind to it but its just not working...

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

No dude ur still jumpin too early if ur hittin the ground look what i do is do an atw when iam almost all the way through i jump up and swing my leg so in a way i have momentum so i kick the ball in one movement and thats how i do it. does it help????

aZn freestyler
Veteran Member

hmmm....kind of....coz like...when i do an atw...with my right leg...my left leg rises a little....and so when im almost finished the atw my left leg is coming down...so its hard to tell the lg to jump....to u get what i mean...i guess i just have to practice eh?

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

ofcourse but if uve mastered the atw ur standin foot wont move or u might be gettin the atw to high.