Does freestyling help in games

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
Chiaro10
New User

i love watching freestyle but it does not help during a game

madridfc
Veteran Member

i don't necessarily think that freestyle is not useful in a game. the biggest thing it does is improves your confidence and makes you more comfortable on the ball.

by the way, would you mind making some more detailed posts? its sometimes hard to tell what you're talking about. thanks
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

I agree, it doesn't help you in the game. Best thing is to play games and practice against a wall.

J
Admin

i actually think freestyling can help you somewhat in a game, it will improve your touch and timing. And also give you more confidence. How could having a ball at your feet be bad for your game or not help at all?

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

It takes time to learn freestyle moves but that time could be better spent on other parts of your game. Simple as that.

J
Admin

freestyling is suppost to be fun. Its not just about learning moves, its just what it says it is"freestyling" having fun, experimenting.if someone has fun freestyling, then why would they not spend time doing it? isnt that the whole point of football, having fun? well then i guess if its all about making money playing football, then you might have a different attitude about the whole thing.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

it will help with your game, but you need to practice other aspects too. if you just sit around juggling all day, it won't help you pass, shoot or defend. freestyling can help you gain confidence on the ball, but i'd say it's only a small part of what you need to be a good player

if ur smart, freestyling CAN help you ENORMOUSLY in ur game. but not every players have the brains to make it work like that. after i quit my last team which was 2 years ago, all i did was freestyle and now i'm a freakin beast on the pitch with my new team. the only problem is that i didn't run as much as i should have so i don't have good fitness.

hackr17

doesn't Ronaldinho sometimes use freestyle moves in his games?
3-17-4

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

What are you talking about, freestyle doesn't help in games... you arent going to catch the ball on your neck and run with it. And Ronaldinho doesn't freestyle during games. It helps a bit with control, that's all.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

Maradona
Veteran Member

Freestyle doesn't help much. If you play football you wouldn't run & juggle especially when you reach the world class level where you're in real pressure.
If you want to be a freestyler well you can learn stuff by watching vids example Touzani but if you want to be a normal football player well freestyling isn't enough there's more.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

rp

i think its good for when a team is winning 2,3-0 and the freestyle players can do there thing

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

I haven't seen anyone make the other team feel even worse by doing freestyle moves, if you have inform me.
And I agree 100% with the Expert.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

cHaVa
Veteran Member

its like in basketball, AND 1 players dont go against NBA players because they dont use the same tactics as NBA player do. its the same with freestyiling. i agree it does help you in some aspects of the game. like having control of the ball.

ronalda10

it can help.the ground ones especially.