What to learn next...?

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
lukezz9514
Sophomore Member

What to learn next...?

Post by lukezz9514 » 08 Mar 2011, 08:21

Hey guys, so I have just started learning juggling for soccer freestyle, about a week now. I have realized some decent improvement in my juggling.

It's been 8 days now since I bought a size 4 Adidas Sala 5v5 ball. Yesterday, I managed to juggle 34 times, I was quite happy with that although it may just be a lucky juggling :'(

So, the questions is; should I continue practicing juggling only and don't need to do tricks first or I can learn tricks now? I am so eager to learn tricks but I have no idea of where to start.

By the way, I've made an EF's account before named, Hieilukezz, but I forgot the password and now I made this new account, hopefully whoever still knows me, can inbox or keep in touch with me! I miss you guys! :'(

ah7

Post by ah7 » 08 Mar 2011, 08:33

Keep practicing on your juggling whilst maybe trying to do around the world from a foot stall

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 08 Mar 2011, 08:39

I think it would be beneficial for you to improve your juggling further before you start learning tricks. It is important to have a very strong foundation to begin with if you want to start freestyling. When doing a trick you must have a perfect touch before the trick or else things could go wrong.

Even if you are able to learn a few basic moves you will probably have a very difficult time stringing together combos if you aren't capable of making good touches every time you do basic juggling. Ideally you'd be best off being able to juggle regularly for as long as you please without making a bad touch, but I think if you can make it to around 100 you would at least be much better prepared for freestyling than you are only being able to reach 34.

The same principle applies when you are onto freestyling and advancing from beginner moves to medium to expert- if you want to eventually be able to do long combos it is essential that you practice the beginner moves until you can perform them 100% of the time. It is tempting to neglect practicing them once you are capable of doing harder, more impressive tricks, but it is essential to your combo ability that you get the simple tricks down pat.

When you decide you want to learn some tricks you can find a tremendously helpful guide in Sputnik's tricktionary here: viewtopic.php?t=3544
It lists the tricks from beginner to expert so you know where to begin.
Click it

lukezz9514
Sophomore Member

Post by lukezz9514 » 08 Mar 2011, 13:25

@ah7; Thanks for commenting. Okay, I will continue practicing juggling. ATW from footstall for now I could do 1/5 times but I know with a little more practice, I can do it but now I think I should be mastering the basic first, the juggling :')

@ajc; Thanks for commenting too! Alrighty then, I will try to improve my juggling first rather than starting to do tricks. 100 ya? OK!

I'm going to post my improvements here from time to time, I hope you all will always be by my side to help me! Thank you so much!