- THE Guide to Learning ANYTHING in Freestyle Football

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
keller8
Veteran Member

Thought I'd contribute to the site and write a guide tto freestyle, I havent done sh*t for EF in years, so, here goes nothing!

1) Ok so, I see MANY people learning to freestyle on the site, but all they do is do 10 mins of practise, dont understand it, then go on Expert Football and ask the pro's how to do it.

WRONG! KEEP TRAINING! Watch some videos BEFOREHAND and watch how they do it, then, when trying it yourself, try different techniques before you say you cant and want tips. If you wanna learn, coming back on EF is only going to make you learn slower.

for example, if you were learning cross-matw nt(advanced yes I know) and you kept popping the ball forwards and couldnt control afterwards, try jumping forwards more and popping it higher on the cross. with freestyle, theres MANY different variables in style and technique, learn your own and practise what gets you closest to achieving what you want. KEEP AT IT! Dont bother asking unless you've destroyed your legs trying it and have no clue, then post a VIDEO of what you're doing, and people who can ACTUALLY DO IT will give you tips on how we think you could change your technique.

This is how its gonna work from now on, all good?

2) ALWAYS STICK TO IT! If you like the look of freestyle, I tell you, it feels even better doing it, and it takes ALOT of dedication to train to that level, and never be discouraged by other people improving faster than you, it just puts you into a downwards spiral and makes you feel sh*t. Do you want this? No. keep training, YOU WILL GET THERE IF YOU PUT IN THE HARD YARDS!

3) Never be arrogant about your freestyle, and never say you suck either. People who abuse their own fs ability pisses me off, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEYRE GOOD! If you're saying you're great, or you're saying you suck, you're doing it for the attention. A REAL Freestyler knows how good he is, and doesnt need to go telling anyone and everyone about it.
BUT! You CAN tell people what you've achieved lately, and say how fast you're improving, but never do it to the point of annoyance, and never boast constantly.

4) PLEASE Dont make a video if you can only do headstall, footstall and atw, its REALLY annoying. I dont care if you can balance a ball on your head for 15 seconds and want 1,000,000 views for it.

5) NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER use "Freestyler" - Bomfunk MC or "Remember The Name" - Fort Minor in your videos. EVER! I swear if I see another vid with EITHER of these songs in them, Im slitting my fu**ing wrists. Its fu**ing rank, its SO annoying.

6) Dont EVER use the blue background with white writing for the into to a video. its almost as bad as the previously mentioned songs.

7) NEVER add random freestylers on MSN and CONSTANTLY annoy them. I get it alot, its annoying.

8.) Be creative! Do your own stuff, do what YOU wanna do! Dont let anyone tell you how to freestyle, its called "Free"style for a reason! Its your game, do what you will with it! BUT, if someone suggests you imrpove on your style, or try something new, it wouldnt be a hazard to give it a shot, know what I mean? Take some of those suggestions on board, and give them a try! You never know, you might find something else you enjoy doing.

9) MASTER THE BASICS before going onto harder moves. dont try crazy nt combos if you can barely do atw. master EVERYTHING you know before trying something new. Train your left foot as well, its important to learn more combos on both feet, and it makes freestyle in the future much easier, trust me :) Learn atw, crossover and htw on both feet FROM JUGGLING before trying anything more. Be able to juggle consistently with little touches using the toes, left-right-left-right. Be able to control the ball with everywhere on the legs, it will make it easier to control a combo if you almost lose it.

10) Have FUN with it! There will be tears, oh yes. and blood, I know. And pain. it happens. I myself have gone through blood, sweat, tears and pain, but I've also experienced some of the best experiences of my life with freestyle! I've made LOTS of new friends, and I've had SO much fun going to meets and landing new stuff , improving my style and heard lots of new music I never thought I'd get into. I've entered competitions, I've won stuff, I've been to football games for free, I've gone to different city's. I've learnt alot about myself and about people in general, and if it weren't for freestyle, I probably wouldnt have done ANY of these things or know these things now.

So, in short, keep at it if its something you want to learn, because beleive me, its worthwhile, whatever your goal, whether it be better control in football, to entertain, or just as a hobby to practise whenever you're bored!

Freestyle is a lifestyle, I hope you enjoy it.

PS: Can a mod sticky this? if it gets lost in the freestyle section, people may never see it and will annoy me forever. thanks :)
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

D10

Dude, this is good! Nice post. 8)

keller8
Veteran Member

thanks bro. anyone else wanna share their thoughts?
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

mint
EF Drug Baron

Good post dude
i was made to ignite

D10

This part of the forum is relatively dead, is there a forum where people are constantly talking about moves and freestyle anymore? Even beyond football has died now.

heiky0711

Thanks for the article, an inspiration to all freestylers :)

My Latest Football Vlog: https://youtu.be/AAmtqY6kjFM
Subscribe my YT channel: http://bit.do/theheiky11
My blog http://soccer-tricks.blogspot.com

keller8
Veteran Member

D10 wrote:This part of the forum is relatively dead, is there a forum where people are constantly talking about moves and freestyle anymore? Even beyond football has died now.
nah bro BF is up, better than ever I beleive. FDU though... :(

D10

Yeah you get a lot of activity on BF? I think there is less than when it was soccergrip, that forum was loaded with people.

keller8
Veteran Member

D10 wrote:Yeah you get a lot of activity on BF? I think there is less than when it was soccergrip, that forum was loaded with people.
very true, but I was never on it back then. NAS is also down, has been for years, and that was a sick website :(