New Freestyler

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
brasil_soccer9

Hey freestylers, I just started taking up freestyling. I can do ATW and almost do a neck stall. What moves should I practice for a begginer?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Hey man, theres plenty guides about freestyling in this site. This site has been running for 6 years I think. So chances are, that basic questions like this one, have been asked already. So click on the section and take a peak at the topics, you'll find atleast 5 of them about this same question, if your curiosities continue, then absolutely start a topic:D.

Heres a good guide about freestyle moves, and which ones are easy, moderate, and advanced.
viewtopic.php?t=3544
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

brasil_soccer9

Thanks panchester for the link. I already got ATW, rainbow, and foot stall down just gotta work on the other easy moves.

D10

Generally speaking, if you look for "Freestyle Tutorials" on youtube there will be a collection of videos that should pop up. Plenty there for aspiring beginners.

scottS4
Veteran Member

i'd suggest learning crossover, as i think its the easiest and most useful trick to incorporate when you start to learn combos
also make sure to practice both inside and outside ATWs. work on weak foot ATW when you've mastered it for the strong foot.

D10

scottS4 wrote:i'd suggest learning crossover, as i think its the easiest and most useful trick to incorporate when you start to learn combos
also make sure to practice both inside and outside ATWs. work on weak foot ATW when you've mastered it for the strong foot.
Yeah very good points, this makes it so much easier to make combo's.

colten
New User

i'm pretty new too. i've played soccer forever, and can juggle well, but i think i'm going to seriously try to get good at freestyling now. i've been watching videos, and i can't figure out the difference between htw, atw, and crossover. are they all almost the same?

D10

colten wrote:i'm pretty new too. i've played soccer forever, and can juggle well, but i think i'm going to seriously try to get good at freestyling now. i've been watching videos, and i can't figure out the difference between htw, atw, and crossover. are they all almost the same?
You could say this about a lot of the moves, the difference between freestylers and those that don't is the eye for technical detail, when looking at the moves very closely they are very different and can be used in a number of ways, if you look at the moves and just brush over them, giving them no time, then they will all appear the same.

colten
New User

ok. i see the difference now. atw is all on one foot. htw you go around with the opposite foot than the one you're juggling with then keep juggling with the foot you went around with. crossover you go around with the opposite foot than the one you're juggling with then keep juggling with the same foot you were at the beginning. right?

matt_a
Veteran Member

sounds about right, but just to be sure heres a video of each trick by itself:

ATW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hMQsBmp4kw
HTW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wr1yq7dLkQ
Crossover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=possY6e70CE

[all by Murilo, a Brazilian freestyler]