How to train for soccer juggling?

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
hieilukezz
New User

Hello everyone,

I'm a 13 years old boy and I actually want to start soccer freestyling. I wanted to be a decent freestyler like my idol, Billy Wingrove. But first, I must start with the basics right? The juggling. Lately, I tried to juggle the soccer ball, but it goes other way, sometimes the ball getting closer to me, sometimes too high. How to get better techniques of juggling? Can you give me some tips and motivations for me so I dont lose hope trying to juggle well because I get frustrated every time I juggle. How long should I train juggling everyday? I have collected some money lately to buy Nike Total90 Pitch Size 5 soccer ball to start juggling. I'm very happy to have a ball now since it is so hard to collect money and I cant afford to buy good shoes to juggle but I have my school shoes, I think I can use it right?

Hope you all can help me be a good soccer freestyler. I really want to be like Billy Wingrove and play well like Andrey Arshavin.

Thank you very much for helping me. Really appreciate it.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Practicing is a big thing. Obviously, if you don't practice, you will never get better, but if you don't know the proper technique to practice, lots of time with the ball won't help you much either. My advice to you is to get an hour or so in everyday practicing (more if you feel like it) and remember the following...

- Your foot must be FLAT. If you curl your toes up, you're narrowing the contact area and increasing the chance the ball will hit your toes, and screw you up completely. Keep telling yourself in your head to keep your foot straight and flat, and eventually it will click.

- Stand feet shoulder-width apart, for balance.

- Hit on the instep, around the middle of the ball. This will keep the ball from spinning a whole lot, and give you a point to aim for to keep the ball central.

- Use both feet. Being able to do 200 solo juggles with the right foot sucks if you can't do 2 with the left. Try and alternate feet; balance is your friend.

- Juggling is all about timing. Hit it up once, and be patient for the ball to come back down so you can hit it again. If you start bringing your foot to the ball, it's going to go higher, and more out of control, and the juggling will become less natural.

If you remember all that, and keep practicing, you'll become a better juggler. It might take a week to notice any improvement, but it will come... Trust me. Juggling improves touch rapidly. One week your best might be a fluke 10, and the next, you could bag 40. it's all about being consistent and willing to practice.

Have a look at S4L's awesome guide on juggling, for help on how to get started and the benefits of juggling:

See guide here

hieilukezz
New User

Thank you very much Rome_Leader.

You motivate me up. I will start practicing now, I will tell you my progress.
I'll start tomorrow morning. I'll do 1 hour in the morning and another hour in the evening everyday for a month.

P/S: Rome_Leader, if you have yahoo messenger or msn, can give me your email, so we can talk more.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Sure man. I hope you do well. I'll PM you my MSN if you wanna chat.

matt_a
Veteran Member

great you want to start freestyling mate! you definitely wont regret it. just remember to post your achievements in viewtopic.php?t=2118&start=840 so then we can all see how youre going.

by the way, i notice your idol is billy wingrove - not meaning to be rude or anything, i can only assume you havent seen overly many freestyle videos?

have a look at this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkjYk451nKM
if youd like to see more, ask me for links or search the following names:
- "Jeon Kwon" [style of his own]
- "John Farnworth" [perfect control, never drops it]
- "Palle" [incredible style]
- "Michryc" [insanely creative]
- "Skora" [the best lowers in the world]

hieilukezz
New User

You are right there. I know there are many other better freestyler but Billy Wingrove is the first man I seen doing freestyle. Then I saw Jeremy Lynch, Touzani and other freestyler. But I see Billy do tricks that is not to complicated. Thats why I want to be like him rather than to be other better freestyler.. MAYBE If I can be a decent freestyler like Billy, maybe I can learn harder move. Now I'm a beginner.

Btw, should we juggle with foot straight or parallel to the ground.

Thank you so much matt_a.

You and Rome_Leader bring me hope to start freestyling.

hieilukezz
New User

Hi guys,

I've started an hour of training just now, and now i can juggle with my strong foot for 8-10 kickups. But my weaker foot need to be trained harder.
Wow, I was so happy. It was a fast improvement. Thank you very much you two.

anhkhoashevakt

hieilukezz wrote:You are right there. I know there are many other better freestyler but Billy Wingrove is the first man I seen doing freestyle. Then I saw Jeremy Lynch, Touzani and other freestyler. But I see Billy do tricks that is not to complicated. Thats why I want to be like him rather than to be other better freestyler.. MAYBE If I can be a decent freestyler like Billy, maybe I can learn harder move. Now I'm a beginner.

Btw, should we juggle with foot straight or parallel to the ground.

Thank you so much matt_a.

You and Rome_Leader bring me hope to start freestyling.
Very good point. Good luck on your freestyle! ;)

smithxi

It's all up to you, the more you practice the better you're going to get. The first tricks I would recommend you try would be like atw, crossover, and reverse crossover. As far as juggling, if you screw up, just try again.

hieilukezz
New User

Can I have everyone of you facebook/ym, so that we can be friends and talk a bit.. thank you.