Juggling and tricks in mathe- how long will it take to come?

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
tRiXtEr
Sophomore Member

Well, after a week or so my kick ups are better - can do 10+ now most of the time and got a PB of 20, so getting there. Really want to juggle with both feet now though and i guess that will take a while. Do you think it might be beneficial to start doing kick c ups with the right foot on its own, and when i can do 10 on that foot also, then start juggling? Or just go straight into juggling now?

tRiXtEr
Sophomore Member

New PB of 22 today, still frustrated as can't use both feet for more than 4-6 and i only get 10+ kick ups with one foot every 1 in 3/4 effort. Did it take anyone else this long to pick it up? I've been doing kick ups consistently now for a few weeks, and have another 4 months.

matt_a
Veteran Member

well before freestyle, all i did was juggle for 5 minutes at each soccer training session [once a week in season] and i could juggle past 20 for 5 years

keep at it mate, youll get there for sure - just keep trying with both feet

tRiXtEr
Sophomore Member

Thanks for encouragement mate.

tRiXtEr
Sophomore Member

Thing is i can only do 2/3 kick ups on my non-dominant foot, so should i try and aim to get 10 done with that foot along with the left (which i can already do), then put them both together into a juggle? If i simply juggle now, will me right foot simply catch up in time, or would individual attention be better?

mint
EF Drug Baron

just keep practicing trixter, i suck at juggling but im improving every day by just juggling for ages, just keep at it and you will be fine. im improving at both feet juggling by just trying to use my left (sh*t) foot as much as possible and its working. there is no shortcut to this, if you want it youve got to earn it and if you want it bad enough you will.
i was made to ignite

tRiXtEr
Sophomore Member

Just a quick update - got my PB a couple of days ago with 24 kick ups, and can get 15-20 on average when i'm really concentrating. I'm not practicing juggling enough though - i keep doing kick ups on one foot because i feel like a tard doing it on both as i can only do 5-6. I guess i need to use both feet more evenly now and just be patient. How long did it take you guys to reach 20 odd juggles and how much did you practice per day? I'm doing about 1hr at school (in my room), and 1hr at home. As i said, i have until spring time.

EDIT: another thing, when you started juggling did you feet keep trying to get higher? It seems my feet go higher for juggling than they do for kick ups, do i need to keep them lower?

amu86

sorry this topic is dead. but is there a certain way to practice juggling? sorry if this a stupid question.

panchester07
Veteran Member

its ok relax your new youll learn how this works after a few weeks..

to be honest there no real way to practice juggling at least none that im really aware of..

the way to get better is to just practice..

so do something like this: get a size 5 ball, if its not pumped to the fullest its better, have it lke 75 - 80% pumped. Once you got the ball go to a spacefull place where you can practice without disruptions.
Flick the ball up with your foot the way that everybody does it, the normal and easy way. Then you gotta close your mind on everything else and focus on the ball, be one with it, do it with rhythim, left right left right left right keep it simple at first.
Your first day you will do like 10 - 20 spend and hour or half of it doing it, you will find that its fun. Look at it like playing pin pon with your self. And tell yourself simply, that by the end of the session, you will get atleast 20. Every time you drop it, dribble it around a little bit and after 30 seconds or so pick it up again and do it, the best thing of it all is that its fun and time goes by fast when you do it.
You will first be able to do 10, then 15 then 20, and once you do 20 you could probably get 50, the next day you will easily get 50 , and maybe even 70, once you hit 70, the next day you will probably get 100 once or twice..

Once you hit 100 and can get it comfortably you can practically improve your juggles by 100 a day if you want too, it gets easy..

You can do this like I said in a week or two max..

Start slowly doing what you can on the first day, but always set a goal, if you are struggling with 15 say atleast ill do 20 by the end of the session. Next day get 35, and everyday it will be easier and more fun once you see you are getting better your gonna wanna do it more, its the first day or two that are harder...

Dedicate from 30 - 60 minutes per day, and in a week youll be juggling 150 easily..

Once your at 150, and if you wanna get better than that, just keep juggling often, after 150 its a piece a cake to get to 200, 300, 500 etc...

I say you can juggle 1000 in a month.

juggling helps millions, if you cant juggle your far from reaching your potential

and when you have this skills down, and want to focus on other things keep juggling atleast 15 minutes a day..

in Italy, a good friend was training at a high level team, he compared the training systems. He said that in Italy, the practices were fun as hell. They would warm up by juggling, then juggle for 45 minutes up and down the field in different ways, for 10 minutes left - right. Then thigs then head then in zig zags basically in all types of ways. It would be fun and dinamic and theyre control booosssted almost inmediately. Then they would do any other drill for like 30 minutes, all with the ball on their feet ( 4 v 2s or something) and then the last 45 minutes would be 11 on 11, where everybody played like it was an official match...

noticed how they juggled for 45 minutes that is 37 percent of the practice which is huge....

My point, learn to juggle its easy, and very important

smithxi

just try to remember that you need practice and practice is the only thing that's going to make you better. and practice heel juggling, i wish i would have done that when i was younger so that i could be good at it now. with freestyle i get lost in the thought that tricks are too hard to do and i'll never get them, but i have to remember that practice is what's going to get me there.