Removing backspin juggle

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
Grey
Sophomore Member

Hey guys I've just started to freestyle maybe 1 week ago and decided to join this forum. After I found my problem of backspinning the ball when juggling. It comes naturally and whatever I do I can't change into no spin while juggling. Has anyone got any technique that I can try to keep the ball at a minimum backspin as possible?

Thank-you

Sputnik

physically, you get backspin when you come up with your foot behind the ball (the part furthest away from you) and follow through.

everyone usually has some form of mild of backspin, just you are probably following through too much or too hard. as your technique of juggling gets better youll get less backspin (kinda obvious but makes sense)

welcome, stick around :wink:
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

robobo13
New User

Hey, I've just started freestyling recently and I also have this problem. My question is, should lock your ankle when you juggle? I find that if i lock my ankle and hit the ball with my instep it doesn't spin, but it goes too high. Should i be kicking the ball like that, but just softly?

Thanks

Sputnik

um... i'll say your foot should stay in the same position... i dont think it should be locked though. youll get less sensitivity, even if it does reduce backspin at first.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

Grey
Sophomore Member

like its not the mild spin im getting, its the very very very spin, i can easily juggle it with the heavy spin for like 50 times but without the spin maybe only 5