Not a freestyler

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
Nat_H
Veteran Member

OK, I am not a freestyler. Don't call me lazy, because the reason I am not is because I prefer to work on more dynamic soccer skills. I have messed around with freestyling a little, so here is what I can do:
Juggle
ATW (from stationary only)
Footstall (from stationary only)

My question is, are there any tricks I could learn that don't require super tremendous amounts of time to master? I would really only practice no more than 30 minutes a day. So if you guys know any freestyling tricks that have an easy learning curve, let me know.

matt_a
Veteran Member

tricks like crossover/x-over could be good, also try htw and jester.
jesters a simple move that anyone could do but looks stylish
http://masterclassfreestyle.tripod.com/id2.html - theres .gif s of the moves there if they still work

but be warned, once you start freestyle, youll be hooked and you wont want to stop...

Nat_H
Veteran Member

OK thanks, thats actually a really good website. I didn't see the jester on there, but I'll look elsewhere.

matt_a
Veteran Member

woops sorry i didnt check if that was on there....anyway, the jester is like the 'side slap' but instead of hitting the ball down, you hit the ball up in the air
try it with an inside atw motion, im not sure whether it says that or not, so its incomplete inside atw, that foot goes to ground, then the other foot hits the ball up on the other side of the supporting foot [the foot that did the atw part becomes supporting foot]
if i didnt explain well - im sorry, im kinda sleepy

Nat_H
Veteran Member

OK i got it, thanks. This link helped me along with your explanation:
http://expertfootball.com/training/trick_crossover.php
I'm also gonna try to headstall and see if I can get it. I'll work on crossovers as well as footstalls and atw from juggling.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

A list of what I can do (I guess I am no longer "Not a freestyler"...lol):
Footstall
Headstall (for 5 seconds)
ATW (Inside and Out)
Half-ATW
Crossover
TATW
Half-ATW + ATW combo

What I am working on:
Headstalling for more than 5 seconds
Mastering everything I already can do
HTW
Multiple ATW
Combos of different moves...

Any thoughts?

keller8
Veteran Member

Not trying to sound like a pro, but If you can't do multiple atw's, stop attempting tatw. You'll have sh*t style and no good combo's and will overall be a sh*t freestyler.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Nat_H
Veteran Member

OK thanks for the advice...I uploaded a vid onto EF of my TATW. Does it look bad or in a bad style? Or is that not something you can tell by watching it...

Sputnik

Nat_H wrote:OK thanks for the advice...I uploaded a vid onto EF of my TATW. Does it look bad or in a bad style? Or is that not something you can tell by watching it...
its actually quite clean and stylish for someone whose just learnt it.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Thanks Sputnik! And regardless of what keller8 said, it is now irrelevant because I have managed to do 2 ATWs in a row. I also headstalled for 8 seconds...a little improvement I guess.

keller8
Veteran Member

Nat_H wrote:Thanks Sputnik! And regardless of what keller8 said, it is now irrelevant because I have managed to do 2 ATWs in a row. I also headstalled for 8 seconds...a little improvement I guess.
Great! I didn't mean to attack you or anything, but I know of people who have tried hard tricks to fast and have had sh*t style. Adam H did, and he had to start learning freestyle all over again. Nice tatw btw. Smooth. You passed me, I suck at that. I tried the other day to see if I could and landed on my ass....

Keep it up mate, I am confident you will be a greta freetsyler!
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Nat_H
Veteran Member

OK thanks Keller. I didn't think you were attacking me, I just wasn't sure how I should take your advice. TATW just seemed to come easier for me. But yeah I'm not gonna try any more advanced tricks for a while anyways. Thanks again for the encouragement guys!

keller8
Veteran Member

hahaha, your welcome. :D :lol:

Nat_H
Veteran Member

I'm still working a little on freestyle. I have gotten a few more multi-ATW's and a few more TATW's. Far from consistent on those. I am very very close to mastering ATW; I can get ATW probably 70% of the time. Headstalling is still a work in progress...working on flicking the ball up to my head and catching it.