MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Juggling with or without backspin

Post by MUFC1994 » 06 Jul 2008, 17:31

which is better for ball control juggling with or without backspin? plz help

Shifty_FSU
Veteran Member

Post by Shifty_FSU » 06 Jul 2008, 18:27

Using backspin helps me juggle and alot of people I know agree.
But just do whatever you feel comfortable with, it should help keep control though.
Fight for the name on the front, n they'll remember the name on the back.

http://pitch.co/entry/46412
^Vote please? :)

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 06 Jul 2008, 22:24

when i started to juggle i found it way easier to juggle with backspin..

i eventually got to the point where it didn't help my touch much anymore (it was still fine for freestyling)

then i just became crazed with doing it without backspin, like no spin at all, i was juggling with my instep basically and the ball was going higher in the air...

it was hard at first, and really hard to do it constistently...

but it dramatically helped my touch (and my volleys a bit) and i actually think it looks way cooler...

i think of it as an advanced way to juggle now...

messi19
Veteran Member

Post by messi19 » 07 Jul 2008, 00:38

Yeah, using backspin helps you control it more consistintly.
Its simple all you have to do to create backspin is just point toes to the sky and it automatically works. The first time I started to do it I was like "This really feels cool and suits me"

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member

Post by Flyingmoose » 07 Jul 2008, 00:54

juggling with your instep causes no spin which is highly more advanced and beneficial.

matt_a
Veteran Member

Post by matt_a » 07 Jul 2008, 04:19

i reckon it doesnt matter either way, backspin or not...when i first started freestyling i juggled with backspin, after a few months i started juggling with no spin at all - after a knee injury the backspin came back, but its gone again and now im juggling without spin at all [unless im wearing school shoes]

flyhigh19
Veteran Member

Post by flyhigh19 » 09 Jul 2008, 23:28

When I first started trying to juggle and in my beginnings of freestyle I used to juggle with backspin and that was how I first learned how to juggle. However, as I advanced in freestyle I started developing the technique of juggling without spin (which is the way I juggle now). For freestyle, juggling without backspin is more beneficial in my opinion as it is easier to pull of tricks and combos without the backspin interfering. Many top freestylers juggle without spin probably for the same reason. However the way that freestylers juggle without backspin is different from the way everyone else has said here. Instead of using the instep, you use the top of your toes. With the toes you hit the ball in the middle and therefore creating no spin. There is also an ankle movement, that is hard to explain but you kind of meet the ball. If you need help with the technique, just watch some videos of Palle juggling.

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Post by AmericanFutballer » 10 Jul 2008, 00:33

I would say learn to juggle both ways. Because in a game your never going to control a perfect, no spin ball, get used to the spin when you juggle the ball, also, once you get really good at juggling, experiment with making the ball spin faster and slower, it feels really cool for you to realize you have absolute control over the ball. But make sure you get used to using your instep to juggle, that will help you with various other techniques in soccer, like vollying, etc.

Cheers, hope this helps.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

Zedatril
Sophomore Member

Post by Zedatril » 31 Jul 2008, 03:52

My coach prefers juggling with absolute no spin, and should be at waist height after every touch. I don't really like doing it with no spin, and espically getting it to my waist everytime.

ExpertFootballer

Post by ExpertFootballer » 31 Jul 2008, 04:59

It doesn't matter, it's all the same to me.
You shouldn't worry about such little things and just get on with trying to master your juggling skill.