FreeStyle...New And Need Tips and help

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
FreestyleLoser
New User

FreeStyle...New And Need Tips and help

Post by FreestyleLoser » 28 Jun 2008, 22:39

hey

im thinking of taking up Freestyling...(Bad News 4 people im around)

atm i cant really juggle can do about 10 if im lucky...
i know NO tricks...

i need 2 kno:

1)How many juggles i need 2 do before trying tricks

2)What Tricks to try first

3)How to do these tricks and possibly Video's

4)How long to practice for each day

5) How Long it will take me to learn how to juggle each amount or learn each trick

MANUMAN30

Re: FreeStyle...New And Need Tips and help

Post by MANUMAN30 » 29 Jun 2008, 06:39

FreestyleLoser wrote:hey

im thinking of taking up Freestyling...(Bad News 4 people im around)

atm i cant really juggle can do about 10 if im lucky...
i know NO tricks...

i need 2 kno:

5) How Long it will take me to learn how to juggle each amount or learn each trick
well, thats a lot of tasks to complete.
1)i just juggled for about nine days. got up to about 300. that's it. then i learned 2) to footstall, ATW, half ATW, HTW, etc.
that's all i got for ya
Glory Glory Man Utd!

anhkhoashevakt

Post by anhkhoashevakt » 29 Jun 2008, 08:38

1/I think you'll need to do about 50 to 100 juggles consistently before trying the tricks. That's what I've got when I tried ATW.
2/footstall is the one. Just balance it on your foot, then try to do ATW off footstall, and then HTW (if you prefer inside ATW), if not, try to do crossover.
3/I think you can just go on Youtube and search for tutorial videos on the net. Plenty of 'em.
4/If you want to practice freestyle for fun, half an hour a day is good enough. But if you want to take it seriously, I'd say about 2-3 hours every day.
5/it depends. To me it's about several months because I'm a slow learner. Somebody learn tricks really fast.
Good luck man! ;)

FreestyleLoser
New User

Post by FreestyleLoser » 29 Jun 2008, 10:51

hmm ok then
nd cheers
:)
any certain ball i should get?

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 29 Jun 2008, 11:29

good luck man! its great that your trying out... but it will be real hard to start with, and you will drop the ball loads of time, but with time and PRACTICE! it will get alot easier

man it took me till i could do 30 perfect before i could start to try ATW,
but if it takes until 900 before the ball feels comfortable when juggling, once its 'comfortable' and 'easy' to keep control of the ball in the air then you can start trying tricks...

and

the first 3 tricks are great foundation tricks...
1)Footstall: catching the ball on your foot (stalling it) try switching feet by throwing the ball (when doing a footstall with your strong foot) at your weak foot then catching the ball with your weak foot
2)Brazillian Juggle: hard to explain, but hold your foot in the same place and gently touch the ball up without moving your foot (too much), this is hard but gets easy with practice
3)Maradona 7:this is a very stylish trick, first juggle the ball then with your right foot juggle the ball to your right knee, then from your right knee to your right shoulder, the from your right shoulder to your head, then your head to your left shoulder, left knee then left foot... this may sound kind of easy but trust me it will be impossible to do for a while...
best way to practice is by practice juggling with the different parts of your body seperatly (feet,knees,shoulders and head)

then once you have mastered these try

1)ATW: revolving your foot around the ball (inside or outside) try learn the motion without the ball, then concentrate on doing it from a footstall, then try it from juggling and concentrate on touching it up so you can revolve around the ball smoothly... the touch up is important

2)Crossover: from juggling jump up and swing your right (or left leg) over the top of the ball and kick it back up (to the right of your right leg) with your trailing foot, timing the jump is important

3)Neckstall: catching the ball in the dip in your neck, try throwing it up to yourself and catching it before you try it from juggling

the secret to learning all these is PRACTICE and lots of it

4 Video's
first perfect a few tricks and then try string them together in a planned combo:
sample combo:
Neckstall, a few juggles, ATW, a few juggles, Crossover, Maradona 7, Crossover, a few juggles, ATW, a few juggles, Neckstall
or:
Footstall, a few juggles, ATW, a few juggles, Crossover, a few juggles, ATW, a few juggles, Different Trick (search the fourms for ideas), a few juggles

just get good at a Combo and mabye start to practice them to music so you can juggle to a beat, then mabye do the tricks to a beat... then record yourself freestyling with a song playing in the background and if your moves match the rythm it will look and sound sick!!!

1 hour if your into learning for fun, as anhkhoashevakt said 2-3 hours if your taking it serious... you can practice all day if you want it won't leave you that tired, its about how enthusiastic you are to learn..

that really depends on how long your willing to practice, it took me about 6 weeks to perfect ATW of roughly 1 hour of practice a day (i wasn't trying ATW for all of that) if you really are dedicated you could learn one of those tricks in a week or week and a half

Sputnik has a great guide in the featured articles on freestlye tricks and is very helpful

and mabye soccer4life's guide on juggling would help you:
viewtopic.php?highlight=tutorial+guide&t=6837

a great idea is to use a number of different balls, so your technique gets better...

FreestyleLoser
New User

Post by FreestyleLoser » 29 Jun 2008, 12:12

thats been a real help thnx :)

TorresEsque
Sophomore Member

Post by TorresEsque » 04 Jul 2008, 22:19

I say you only need to be able to do 30 or so juggles consistently. I get bored when i go above 50. I definitely do more when I just work on tricks and stuff.

I juggle for about 2-3 hrs per day, and my high is 239 or something near there.

I learned tricks in this order
-Rainbow
-Other pop up tricks
-Footstall
-Headstall
-Neckstall
-Foot stall left foot
-ATW from stall
-HTW from stall
-ATW from juggle
-HTW from juggle

Now im trying to do all those tricks with the other foot.

ATWs arent hard. You just need to get used to the motion. Once you get used to the motion, it should come second nature. To learn it fast, learn ATW from a footstall, then once you got that down pick up the ball and drop it from shoulder level and try to ATW then continue juggling.