Flick Ups and Multiple ATW

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
Boody

Flick Ups and Multiple ATW

Post by Boody » 27 Mar 2008, 11:50

Hey people,

I have been freestyling for 2 weeks now, i can do ATW with ease but i saw in many videos people doing multiple ones without stoping how is this done.

2. Does any body know all the variations in flicking up the ball.

3.Is there somewhere that shows you all the freestyle tricks and exactly how to do it (I found the tricks in the main site but whenever i click a picture nothing happens.)

Thanks

PS. If you don't know what i mean by multiple ATW there is a video of billy wingrove meeting ronaldinho, Ronaldo and zlatan at the end ronaldinho does loads of multiple atw. (youtube it)

matt_a
Veteran Member

Post by matt_a » 28 Mar 2008, 12:26

multiple atw comes with a lot of practise - and i mean a lot - it takes ages for most people to learn multiple atws

the problem with learning flickups is none of them have any names...but try:
- lifting the ball up your supporting foot then kicking it straight back down [with the same foot that rolled it up]
- rolling the ball back with one foot and flicking it up with the other [try it both sides of the foot which rolled it back]
for others watch any decent grounds freestyler [ie Daniel10] or a Japanese freestyler [ie tatutslow or yosuke]

search youtube for individual trick tutorials - most of them would be there

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

Post by tevezaholic » 06 Apr 2008, 21:03

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9GQIfbQI48

hope this vid helps with the flick ups

can anyone help me with what he did at 1:40 secs in the vid above,i really want to learn to do it,but it changes so fast
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

matt_a
Veteran Member

Post by matt_a » 07 Apr 2008, 07:12

heres some basic ones you could try out:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4WKD2OmJo3M
done by a non-freestyling mate of mine

tevezaholic - do you mean the one where he's on a futsal court with no replay or the one where he's got it between his feet and he jumps up?

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

Post by tevezaholic » 07 Apr 2008, 10:53

the one where there is no replay,it loooks as if he kicks the ball and makes it hit off the plant foot and then the ball goes back
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

matt_a
Veteran Member

Post by matt_a » 07 Apr 2008, 11:57

alright, i think that one is an attempted slasher - and if its not the slasher is much better anyway
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xf5f5Bftj84
done by yosuke

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

Post by tevezaholic » 08 Apr 2008, 00:53

i think it is some fake kick tingy to make someone think the ball is going to hit them but then it hits of the heel,i could be wron,if it is though,i will learn that and do it to some friends in the street
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 09 Apr 2008, 09:49

um... its not a fake kick, its a flick up. you wouldnt use it in a game or futsal, the trick is too hard to control and you would lose possession. its a flick up, and a very cool one. but i dont advise bothering with it in any competative instance...
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 06 Jun 2008, 08:26

Anyone got any more tips on multiple atw besides practise? I really need to learn to do it.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Boody

Post by Boody » 06 Jun 2008, 09:37

well from practis i can do 1 and 1/2 i do one then touch the ball and it falls.

keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 06 Jun 2008, 23:45

Dude, that's not really a tip. Anyone else have any hints or tips? Thanks.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 08 Jun 2008, 23:03

Are you serious? Nothing!?!? No seriously, has anyone got any more tips?

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 09 Jun 2008, 14:01

lol um? not really...? you havent told us what goes wrong or anything so to be honest all i can say is do one then focus on doing the next... plus the usual watch videos and practise.

so... what mucks you up?
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)

keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 10 Jun 2008, 06:22

Sputnik wrote:lol um? not really...? you havent told us what goes wrong or anything so to be honest all i can say is do one then focus on doing the next... plus the usual watch videos and practise.

so... what mucks you up?
everything. I find it sorta hard to get 1 atw and .it seems like when I'm gonna go for 2 I can't get my foot to contact the ball. Its like I'm never gonna get it. Its really hard for me. and whenever I do contact the ball a second time, it slice it on the second atw and it hits the ground. I also watch vida like azn fs'er, and he has amazing smothness with his atw's.

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 10 Jun 2008, 11:23

well you know what im going to say :P you need to walk before you can run, just master one atw first. once you get the motion for one perfectly, its just a case of mastering the spin and the clock (spin of the ball, clock = the way you end up turning in circles when you do atws).

if your motion for one isnt smooth you will find it hard to get the lift for the second one, and youll end up generating more spin. with a fluid motion you get less spin and therefore is easier to carry on. basically get the perfect one atw, then try more. if it constantly slips to one side, contact the ball a little further towards the side its slipping.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)