I think I'm moving too slowly

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
anhkhoashevakt

I think I'm moving too slowly

Post by anhkhoashevakt » 30 Aug 2007, 10:23

Hi people . Sorry for bothering you but I've a problem here :
What do you think a person can do after 8 months of freestyling ?

After that huge amount of time, I can do only : ATWs (may be 2, if lucky, 3), HTW, crossover, x over, headstall, nose stall, lipstall (not that long yet :? ), neckstall, in the ditch, ATM, cheststall, 360, planted (pancake) both inside and outside.
I can do some combos, but they're just crap and consist of only 2-3 moves.
I'm close , but no very close to TATW, toe bounce, and magnetic.

I think I'm moving to slowly for an 8-month freestyler :( . People at that time usually can do TATW, MATW and LATW like easy ....
People always say that I will learn something quicker than some other people but that didn't seem to work for me . I suck at improving my skill and it seem to moving as slow as a sloth ! So may I improve my practice hours to make it work ?
May be you should check out my vid to see how suck it is ! :? It's on EF .
http://www.expertfootball.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=10528
I'm really feeling ashamed with my skill right now ! :(
I'm sorry to bother you with this kind of old story again.

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 30 Aug 2007, 14:15

Who cares how fast you progress? If you're having fun why should it matter? And if you're not having fun then why are you doing it?

People learn all different things at different rates. Perhaps freestyling is just one of those things that take longer for you. Now don't get me wrong you could still become the best in the world if you wanted to it will just take longer. Which even if it does take longer you would have much more pride for being able to do something.

Do it if you enjoy it and if you do that it shouldn't matter if you progress fast because you will improve if you enjoy it.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 30 Aug 2007, 14:39

Icy wrote:Who cares how fast you progress? If you're having fun why should it matter? And if you're not having fun then why are you doing it?

People learn all different things at different rates. Perhaps freestyling is just one of those things that take longer for you. Now don't get me wrong you could still become the best in the world if you wanted to it will just take longer. Which even if it does take longer you would have much more pride for being able to do something.

Do it if you enjoy it and if you do that it shouldn't matter if you progress fast because you will improve if you enjoy it.
Amen. Icy just made complete sense in this matter, so don't give up man. I am not that good for an 8 month freestyler as well/ Mind you, I don't practice it every day, I probably am at the same pace as you - the lip stall and nose stall. I pull off the TATW rather shakily as well. It's alright man. I didn't practice for the longest time on freestyle and then on vacation that's all I did on the beach and I feel like after a rest, I almost had the ability to get better again!
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

anhkhoashevakt

Post by anhkhoashevakt » 30 Aug 2007, 15:53

Thank you ! Perhaps I shouldn't have posted this. Just shut up and practice may be the key :lol: !
And thanks rzadzinski for encouraging me. :D May be now I'll try not to post those useless topics to bother you anymore :wink: . It just because these day something weird happened . I tried to do toebounce for like 1 week but still haven't seen any progress yet so may be I just get mad and crazy. That was why I posted this crazy topic so may be those will be the key for me, thanks Icy and rzadzinski ! :D

JonathonHehuFS
Sophomore Member

Post by JonathonHehuFS » 11 Sep 2007, 01:11

i saw ur vid it looks ok u have control now u just need to practice tricks...btw i think pancake is toebounce :?
Shut up and Freestyle

anhkhoashevakt

Post by anhkhoashevakt » 11 Sep 2007, 01:22

i saw ur vid it looks ok u have control now u just need to practice tricks...btw i think pancake is toebounce
Thank you man. But I think pancake is the toebounce without the going over with the other leg.