Need a bit of help.

Talk about soccer freestyle tricks and moves
Rubbertoe
Sophomore Member

Need a bit of help.

Post by Rubbertoe » 16 Jul 2007, 03:17

This is my first post, been snooping around but finally decided to join. You see I started freestyling a bit late, but I have been practicing for a while, and I cant seem to freestyle fluently. I feel to stiff, and not flexible and energetic enough to do combos or other various moves I cant get. I dont know if its my juggling style or just the fact that I will never be able to move as fluently as all other freestylers.

Here is a sample video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq5AwA7xLwE

Cunstructive criticism and tips will be appreciated.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 16 Jul 2007, 03:20

Maybe I'm imagining things, but it seems like you sort of lean back a bit when you juggle. Other than that, you seem decent. How long have you been freestyling?

alonso

Post by alonso » 16 Jul 2007, 03:21

well... im not sure if being flexible is a major part of being a good freestlyer but im not flexible at all (i cant touch my toes :roll: )but that probablly why im not good at freestyling so all i can really say is keep practicing ATW untill you get use to the motion and same with other moves like TATW MATW HTW and so on

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 16 Jul 2007, 03:23

Yeah it's hard to tell. You only attempted like 2 atw's and then just did stuff on the ground, so it's tough to say.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Rubbertoe
Sophomore Member

Post by Rubbertoe » 16 Jul 2007, 03:42

Well I have been freestyling for a year, but not really seriously. Like probably i would freestyle seriously for about a week, and then take a month off. And I didnt perform much moves in this video because I cant do much moves. I have been practicing crossovers and inside around the worlds on and off, but cant seem to perfect them to the point where they seem natural.

P.S- How much do you guys practice.

CFCiceland

Post by CFCiceland » 16 Jul 2007, 03:55

Well I only started freestyling 2 - 3 weeks ago :P and I have only spent probably around 2-3 hours juggling these weeks :P But I always have the ball at my feet when I'm around the house, you know what they say eat and sleep with the ball. I started this with the ball always at my feet like a month ago and I feel like I've improved alot at ground moves. I don't juggle much because not much outdoor space where I live and if I juggle indoor I might brake something :P But I always practice tricks like footstall, neckstall, headstall, atw, crossover and some flickups indoor also and then I do them without juggling you know.

smithxi

Post by smithxi » 17 Jul 2007, 23:20

obviously vitamins keep you flexable, but stretch.