Diadora, or no?

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
adnankhan
Veteran Member

Post by adnankhan » 08 Jun 2007, 19:38

Norm wrote:I had the 120 usd version of those and I loved them. They provided a good touch for me as well and attraction? Bull sh*t, if you play well enough you'll get noticed. Cleats don't get you more attraction than skill. Diadora may be ugly in some of your opinions, but I can tell you I've gone through addidas, nike, and kelme and I'd rather have my old diadora boot. Do take in to account though your position, I play defence and these boots did fine, if you play striker or attacking mid these may not be for you. ¿Sabes?

NoNO NO NO NONO NO NON ONONO dont even go there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,u r saying diadora a re better than nike addidas bull sh*t i highly doubt that,.....

and yea cleats dont makes you u make the cleats.....but think about it......
u r team is wearing diadora and the other team is wearing vapors.......what wil be the predction of the game......every body will say the vapors r gonna win...........because....the people who knows better they waste more more money.....and the pplz who know nothing about soccer prolly r gonna wear 10 or 15$$$ cleats.......

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 08 Jun 2007, 20:18

adnankhan wrote:
Norm wrote:I had the 120 usd version of those and I loved them. They provided a good touch for me as well and attraction? Bull sh*t, if you play well enough you'll get noticed. Cleats don't get you more attraction than skill. Diadora may be ugly in some of your opinions, but I can tell you I've gone through addidas, nike, and kelme and I'd rather have my old diadora boot. Do take in to account though your position, I play defence and these boots did fine, if you play striker or attacking mid these may not be for you. ¿Sabes?

NoNO NO NO NONO NO NON ONONO dont even go there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,u r saying diadora a re better than nike addidas bull sh*t i highly doubt that,.....

and yea cleats dont makes you u make the cleats.....but think about it......
u r team is wearing diadora and the other team is wearing vapors.......what wil be the predction of the game......every body will say the vapors r gonna win...........because....the people who knows better they waste more more money.....and the pplz who know nothing about soccer prolly r gonna wear 10 or 15$$$ cleats.......

Im gonna agree and disagree. I know some people who are pretty good and buy some 25$ big 5 cleats and they know quite a bit about the game. It's just peoples budget. But I agree on the fact that the team that is majorly wearing more expensive gear compared to some low budget wearing team will be more favored to win because they are investing more money on their performance and are probably paying a lot for their coaching and such. Through my experience and my city, usually the more advanced and better teams are wearing the more higher end stuff, because now that they are paying 500-1000 bucks to play for the top clubs they figure if they are gonna pay to play with the best they are gonna buy the high end boots. On my team no body has low end versions of boots like the Talarias or lower end preds or F30's everyone is wearing Absolutes, AZT90 Supremacies, vapors and so forth.

arminho09

Post by arminho09 » 08 Jun 2007, 21:39

sorry but u guys dont know much about cleats....i have done a lot of reading and research on cleats in the past 3 years and have worn every brand of cleats there is except for like A-line and joma and arguements that nike and major brands are far better or better at all as brands like diadora and other small brands are just stupid, the quality of lesser known cleat companys is much better since its the only thing they can do better and they try to win u over, they arent just like adidas that put together a 90$ predator boot and have the toe split open in 2 months and have the leather fade away or like the vapor cleat the bottom of the cleats rips apart cuss they are made very weakly and made by inexperienced workers, diadora is made by highly skilled workers that care about quality not just trying to make a whole bunch of money by putting out a low quality product, i have seen top brand companys cleats fall apart after only a couple of months and never seen that on lotto, mizuno, diadora and others sure the look might not be as good looking but thats the only thing top brands acctualy focus on and u shouldent say diadora is sh*t because u dont even know the technology thats in the boot, vapors are uncomfortable compared to diadoras boots but yea the new diadora boots rolling out are better looking then the previous and the leather on diadoras is just top quality and is awesome for touch and i highly recommend u look at mizuno boots since they are the best in my opinion in every category and they are worn by rivaldo and many other brazilians

and one more thing pretty much the whole AS roma team wears diadora and they played inter in the italian cup final and inter a pretty much nike/vapor squad lost 6-1 so please kahn dont make ur self look stupid by saying

""u r team is wearing diadora and the other team is wearing vapors.......what wil be the predction of the game......every body will say the vapors r gonna win""

and TheDelux let me know wat size u wear and i can find u a great deal on a great boot

go to www.bootnr.com and join the forums and educate ur self about cleats instead of just saying stuff on ur mind that isent right

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 08 Jun 2007, 21:52

arminho09 wrote:sorry but u guys dont know much about cleats....i have done a lot of reading and research on cleats in the past 3 years and have worn every brand of cleats there is except for like A-line and joma and arguements that nike and major brands are far better or better at all as brands like diadora and other small brands are just stupid, the quality of lesser known cleat companys is much better since its the only thing they can do better and they try to win u over, they arent just like adidas that put together a 90$ predator boot and have the toe split open in 2 months and have the leather fade away or like the vapor cleat the bottom of the cleats rips apart cuss they are made very weakly and made by inexperienced workers, diadora is made by highly skilled workers that care about quality not just trying to make a whole bunch of money by putting out a low quality product, i have seen top brand companys cleats fall apart after only a couple of months and never seen that on lotto, mizuno, diadora and others sure the look might not be as good looking but thats the only thing top brands acctualy focus on and u shouldent say diadora is sh*t because u dont even know the technology thats in the boot, vapors are uncomfortable compared to diadoras boots but yea the new diadora boots rolling out are better looking then the previous and the leather on diadoras is just top quality and is awesome for touch and i highly recommend u look at mizuno boots since they are the best in my opinion in every category and they are worn by rivaldo and many other brazilians

and one more thing pretty much the whole AS roma team wears diadora and they played inter in the italian cup final and inter a pretty much nike/vapor squad lost 6-1 so please kahn dont make ur self look stupid by saying

""u r team is wearing diadora and the other team is wearing vapors.......what wil be the predction of the game......every body will say the vapors r gonna win""

and TheDelux let me know wat size u wear and i can find u a great deal on a great boot

go to www.bootnr.com and join the forums and educate ur self about cleats instead of just saying stuff on ur mind that isent right

Oh big boy on campus :shock: watch out. I forgot to mention Lotto as a top cleat aswell which of course you noted. if I wanted to oust Diadora and put a nail in it's coffin I'd say go with Lotto Zhero Gravity's which actually look quite stunning if u ask me. And your saying vapors dont last long, are u joking me? vapors last me the longest of all my cleats; they dont split unless ur being consistently stepped on and the only complaint about vapors I have are the studs wearing out in the front because of their size, but that is easily compensated for by buying SG versions of them. And by the way predators last way longer than 2 months, it's just how you take care of your cleats some people dont care. If I had 30 bucks sure Ill go out and buy a cheap diadora boot that may be well made. But if I had the cash i'd go straight for a well known company that has boots with great reviews and performance like Puma and if you even counter by saying puma is poorly made I will slap you.

I have talked to many players and have asked them many times how they feel about their boots compared to others, including those wearing Diadora Totti's which are around 130$ and they were much happier wearing Legends or Predators. And you say vapors arent comfortable? No sh*t they arent meant for comfort they are meant for speed.If I wanted comfort I'd buy the legends or V-kon II's which I am getting soon.

Lol AS Roma is sponsored by Diadora so of course they are gonna support their sponsor as Inter is to Nike.

arminho09

Post by arminho09 » 08 Jun 2007, 23:48

well nike and others have some great boots but they dont last as long and u can say watever u want but its just not true and also they cost a lot more...y spent 300+$ on gravity if u could just get the Lotto Vento KL II for 60-100$ that offer great touch and quality leather and they are also worn by seedorf and many more great players its lottos best boot for price in my opinion and one of best boots around, the maracana or maximus 90$ boots are great boots from diadora for a great price with top kangaroo leather

vapors only last me like 5 months and the next pair only 6 because the bottom of the boot split apart from the upper happend to a bunch of other people from wat i read and heard, compared to my mizuno wave cups worn by rivaldo for many years last me for a year and a half and my lotto optikas 70$ almost as light as vapors and last me a whole year also they look stunning and plus y would u buy vapors they wont make u faster barely a matter of couple ounces wont mean sh*t ur either fast or not and just give u blisters and uncomfort

i said the 90$ predators last 2 months since TheDelux i think said 50-90$ is his price range for boots but the 190$ predators arent much different had them once and toe split and leather faded in like 6 months and happend to all my friends to u would be very lucky if that doesnt happen to u

puma is better then nika and adidas in my opinion but i think the v1.06 are way to much money for how easy the upper comes appart should be like 115$ but the exec and konstruct are a quality boot and arent that much but i think the exec leather is best and last the longest i would know since i have a pair of both and they are really comfy and only cost me 110$, but still not as good as mizuno, lotto, diadora u get more for less better quality and not have to shell out a lot of cash

well i talked to a lot of people and read a bunch of stuff on the diadora maximus which is tottis boot and havent heard barely any bad things about them and people seem to like them more then predator or legends, if you think i only talked to and read from a couple of people more like 30 people and only like 8 of them seemed to not like them or think they are ok

"Lol AS Roma is sponsored by Diadora so of course they are gonna support their sponsor as Inter is to Nike"

i know that but i only said that since kahn said

just to make him rethink wat he said

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 09 Jun 2007, 00:22

you missing the point that some people can afford zhero gravs. The puma 1.06's are like 150 and most soccer stores give discounts well at least in my area to the higher end club players so I'm gettin my gear for like 100bucks and Vkon-2's are only 105 now so im gettin mine for 80bucks. I see your point in trying to defend the smaller company but their efforts are well respected but you have to realize the bigger companies like Nike and Adidas are far more superior in terms of marketing and money. Thats why most successful club teams right now are sponsored by top Companies. There is no way in hell Diadora will ever match Nike in marketing and campaigning their products which leads to us, the consumer to be attracted to Nike and Adidas because they capture our attention.

arminho09

Post by arminho09 » 09 Jun 2007, 01:08

yea i get wat ur saying but i just wanted to prove diadora and other small companys arent sh*t like people were saying on here

Shane1
New User

Post by Shane1 » 09 Jun 2007, 01:28

Diadoras and other small companies aren't sh*t but you get what you pay for. Diadoras just about the only thing I ever liked was that they were made with kangaroo leather. The studs were horrible and wore down quick and they weren't really lightweight or anything. Oh and my diadoras ripped after about 3 months while my Absolutes never ripped at all. And that "player makes the boot" sh*t isn't always true. If you always play with low end 50 dollar diadoras you're not going to reach your full potential. Which is why people should just get high end cleats.

arminho09

Post by arminho09 » 09 Jun 2007, 01:55

u probably got the 25$ ones cuss the ones i used never ripped at all but any 25$ boot isent good im sure but i had the maximus the maracana, and the Carioca all quality boots

Shane1
New User

Post by Shane1 » 09 Jun 2007, 04:07

Um no mine were $112 not $25 hah. And I took good care of them and everything but after 3 months the front just ripped.

dareliss
Veteran Member

Post by dareliss » 09 Jun 2007, 14:10

diadora are good cleats i had them, for a whole season hummel cleats are good too, but a thing in USA only two or three brands are popular and they don't care about any cleats what has top names in europe.
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

Sig by me... :)

struggler
New User

Post by struggler » 12 Jun 2007, 16:33

I'm glad arminho is bringing intelligent points to this thread and trying to respond to the adidas/nike fan boys, who for the most part offer nothing constructive to the discussion. Granted, larger companies have more money which garners respect from top clubs. The fact that these companies shell out huge amounts of money to advertise products through individual players or whole clubs means that people have heightened impressions of the products. Just saying that "top players use these boots means they're great" isn't a good point. Sure, the boots they use aren't bad by any means but I'm sure the millions of dollars that are given away for these endorsements have atleast a little influence in the players or clubs' selection of the boots.

Don't get me wrong, I've used adidas all my life until I started wearing Totti pro's and I never had any complaints. It's stupid though to suggest that price tag equals superior performance, especially when there are so many factors that contribute to the success and effectiveness of the boot (ie styles of play, maintenance, etc.). Just because one player doesn't like the way they look, or how long they lasted (this is more a question about the player's responsibility of taking care of the boot), doesn't mean the nike/adidas fan boys have valid evidence for supporting their claims.

At the end of the day, it's about finding what boots suit you're needs. Try everything yourself until you find what works for you. My 120USD Totti's have faired me much better than the various pred's I've owned in the past. I loved the preds but the Totti's provide the best touch and reliability for significantly less. In the future, if you are making points please offer support for you're statements so that people can respond intelligently.