Diadora, or no?

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
TheDelux
New User

Diadora, or no?

Post by TheDelux » 19 Apr 2007, 02:42

Hey all, I'm new to posting here but I've been on the site a lot in the past month (and i'm trying to avoid being on the wall of shame at all costs. :oops: )

Anyways, the topic

I havent been playing soccer for very long, and i currently have a pair of cheap Diadora boots that a friend gave me for free. Now I believe i'm getting decent enough to have some that are actually mine, so i've been looking a little bit. I've been looking at these Diadora Brasil Classicos ( http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage. ... _Id=235243 ) because i like the way mine feel on my feet.

My Questions are:

Have any of you ever used these, and are they acceptable? and Does anyone have any other suggestions for boots in the $50-80 USD range that i should look in to?

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 19 Apr 2007, 02:48

I can't comment on those Diadora boots, but a good boot in your price range is Nike Air Zoom Brasilian. They are around $50-$65 I think. I have a pair that has lasted me over one full year, which is the longest I've ever had a pair of boots last me. They are very comfy as well. I'd highly reccomend them.
Click it

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 19 Apr 2007, 10:12

from what i hear, diadora's are great boots in general, also, these are classics. i was actually gonna get diadora's but i got legends instead. diadora's are kind of rare around where i live, but the other centerback has it and he really likes it because of the feel and comfort, according to him. so i say get diadora's, but thats just me. thats a very good price too

adnankhan
Veteran Member

Post by adnankhan » 22 Apr 2007, 16:50

dont get them............that what i say.....

they r suck for kicking

struggler
New User

Post by struggler » 06 Jun 2007, 17:26

I've been wearing a pair of Diadora Totti Pros for about 9 months now. They are easily the most comfortable, best fitting boot I've ever had. Although these are a little more expensive than what you're looking for (around 105USD with shipping), Diadora just released the Maracana's which, if you look closely, are nearly identical to the Totti's I mentioned. They're signficantly cheaper as well, around 75USD I believe.
If you can, try and pick a pair of boots with some nice leather, especially kangaroo leather. Although these will wear over time (the process can be slowed with good maintenance of your boots), they provide the best touch by far and can be broken in to perfectly fit your foot.

Hope this helps

adnankhan
Veteran Member

Post by adnankhan » 06 Jun 2007, 20:07

in other hand diadrora r bad cuz thy r ugly

EnSoUl
Veteran Member

Post by EnSoUl » 08 Jun 2007, 07:16

wtf adhankhan, it doesn't matter what the boot looks like it's how good the touch is, ect. and I repeat it's the player that makes the boot (for like the thousandth time). But I am starting to wonder with every one of your posts, wtf whats with all the dots........... and you don't give reasons into why something sucks, sorry man it's getting on my nerves.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime - Chinese Proverb

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 08 Jun 2007, 07:27

EnSoUl wrote:wtf adhankhan, it doesn't matter what the boot looks like it's how good the touch is, ect. and I repeat it's the player that makes the boot (for like the thousandth time). But I am starting to wonder with every one of your posts, wtf whats with all the dots........... and you don't give reasons into why something sucks, sorry man it's getting on my nerves.
Actually ima throw my two cents in here. I'm gonna say Diadora is crap; and thats just cause they look ugly as hell 8) . Why settle for ugly shoes with bad touch, when you can go with some hell of a lot nicer shoes from nike,adidas or puma which probably have much better touch. I've tried on the totti Pros and it felt like i was wearing Puma V-kon 2's which are almost the same price now.

adnankhan
Veteran Member

Post by adnankhan » 08 Jun 2007, 15:03

Zlatan5 wrote:
EnSoUl wrote:wtf adhankhan, it doesn't matter what the boot looks like it's how good the touch is, ect. and I repeat it's the player that makes the boot (for like the thousandth time). But I am starting to wonder with every one of your posts, wtf whats with all the dots........... and you don't give reasons into why something sucks, sorry man it's getting on my nerves.
Actually ima throw my two cents in here. I'm gonna say Diadora is crap; and thats just cause they look ugly as hell 8) . Why settle for ugly shoes with bad touch, when you can go with some hell of a lot nicer shoes from nike,adidas or puma which probably have much better touch. I've tried on the totti Pros and it felt like i was wearing Puma V-kon 2's which are almost the same price now.

i agree with u zaltan5.......and if u r wearing a nice cleats all the people are gonna have a attraction on u....

Francis8
Veteran Member

Post by Francis8 » 08 Jun 2007, 15:47

adnankhan wrote:i agree with u zaltan5.......and if u r wearing a nice cleats all the people are gonna have a attraction on u....
ye I wonder how long that attractions gonna last. If you wear Vapors and can't dribble past 2 people then whats the point of wearing vapors? I would rather be the kid with the $30 no name boots that can dribble then be the kid that can't do sh*t with vapors.

And Zlatan5, i'm begginning to wonder, do u play soccer for the cleats or for the game itself? cause it seems to me that the only thing u care about is boots and looks.
EnSoUl wrote:wtf whats with all the dots...........
haha, yea really what's with that? :lol:

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 08 Jun 2007, 18:35

Francis8 wrote:
adnankhan wrote:i agree with u zaltan5.......and if u r wearing a nice cleats all the people are gonna have a attraction on u....
ye I wonder how long that attractions gonna last. If you wear Vapors and can't dribble past 2 people then whats the point of wearing vapors? I would rather be the kid with the $30 no name boots that can dribble then be the kid that can't do sh*t with vapors.

And Zlatan5, i'm begginning to wonder, do u play soccer for the cleats or for the game itself? cause it seems to me that the only thing u care about is boots and looks.
EnSoUl wrote:wtf whats with all the dots...........
haha, yea really what's with that? :lol:
LOL :shock: I love soccer and I know for a fact I am damn good at it, damn good enough to care how I look when I play. And let me tell you the attraction lasts when you can throw some scissors and get around someone and split the defense with cutting pass while wearing some eye blinding cleats. Makes people think "oh sh*t guys make sure to cover the guy with the yellow cleats" rather than saying o ok guys "guard number 5" or something. So I'd probably have to say not to brag but I'm one of those kids who's actually good and can wear vapors with pride.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 08 Jun 2007, 18:45

didnt mean to be over braggy on that last post, but i know for a fact I dont suck and im not gonna say i suck when i know i dont

Shane1
New User

Post by Shane1 » 08 Jun 2007, 18:51

Yeah those Diadoras suck I used to wear them. And i agree with Zlatan5 completely. You don't want to perform in low grade cleats cause along with the improvement in talent should come along with high quality equipment.

Francis8
Veteran Member

Post by Francis8 » 08 Jun 2007, 19:06

Hey Zlatan5, i never said u sucked or anything. I just get the impression that cleats are all you care about. And besides i posted my vapor II's in the boots section. and ur aren't the only one thats damn good. :wink:

Norm

Post by Norm » 08 Jun 2007, 19:08

I had the 120 usd version of those and I loved them. They provided a good touch for me as well and attraction? Bull sh*t, if you play well enough you'll get noticed. Cleats don't get you more attraction than skill. Diadora may be ugly in some of your opinions, but I can tell you I've gone through addidas, nike, and kelme and I'd rather have my old diadora boot. Do take in to account though your position, I play defence and these boots did fine, if you play striker or attacking mid these may not be for you. ¿Sabes?