Preventing Slips

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
peps1154
Veteran Member

So today i had open gym soccer in school. I played in standard indoor shoes, yet I kept on slipping. I tried to put some water on the soles of my shoes but that only worked for 20 seconds until it wore off. Do u guys have any ideas to prevent slipping?

BenAMsoccer

Adidas shoe bands work pretty well.

tiny

I have the same problem too.

Recently, I bought a pair of Nike Air Tiempo Rivals, and I've been practicing a lot in them, but I keep on sliding across the floor, it's like ice skating.

Thanks for the other tip on the Adidas bands though.

tiny

Same thing happens to me. I keep sliding across the floor, it;s like ice skating.

Anyway, I heard that using double sided scotch tape does the trick, though I haven't tried it yet.

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

Turf shoes may work, they have rubber on the front of the shoe to prevent sliding.

P.Nedved

yeah, indoor shoes + gym dusty gym floor= bad. Just buy a pair of turf shoes. There really isnt anything you can do to prevent the slipping if your just wearing flat soled indoor shoes. You can wipe the dust off the bottom of ur shoe every chance u can get. but it still doesnt eliminate the problem. Just buying a pair of turfs would be the best

finny06

Yeah, get some astoturf boots with the like dotted soles, the nike five range are pretty sexy, i got a pair.

jl0305

i never had this problem play in the school gym before. maybe it's the dust on the floor like P.Nedved said, or your shoes are dirty. by the way, do your shoes have gum rubber soles? because they tend to slip a bit sometimes. that's why i always play with indoor shoes that have soles that are not gum rubber

Shifty_FSU
Veteran Member

gum rubber?? :?
Fight for the name on the front, n they'll remember the name on the back.

http://pitch.co/entry/46412
^Vote please? :)