Total 90's and Mercurial Vapors

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
remove
Sophomore Member
Posts: 47
Joined: 04 Feb 2005, 20:05
Location: guess

Post

j wrote:remove, action please, its very easy to talk. you dont even realize how many things you buy and support that are made by people making the same type of money in the same working condition, To single out nike is ridiculus. By not buying a product that billions of other people buy anyway is pointless, unless you just dont like that product for what it is. Adidas are also made in indonesa by the way.
so basically your logic is along the same lines of "oh, i only have slaves because if i don't have these people as slaves- they'll be slaves for somebody else, and everybody has them so it's fine."

that's atrocious logic.
j wrote:dont tell people all that crap about how the working conditions are poor.
what are you? nike pr or something? "don't tell people"?! don't tell people?! imagine how screwed up it would be if if the world worked along the lines of "don't tell people."
propaganda mind control
turnin it on is like puttin on a blind fold

j

Post

we live in a world of hypocracy

j

Post

the thing about the slaves makes absoultely no sense. those people are born there, they have no choice, if they didnt have those jobs they would be even poorer, they have no other choice but to work there,its sad but true. It doesnt mean its right but its real.

Guest

Post

vapours cost hundreds when it only takes about 13 dollars to make a pair. now tell me nike cares about more than money. they don't. money is what they're out to get and that's it.

Guest

Post

you could also say that about cars, food, clothes, electronics, ect....its all the same....money, money,money

Mike
Senior Member
Posts: 136
Joined: 24 Dec 2004, 04:34

Post

Good point.

This issue has many sides to it. And i'm not really sure what to believe or not. all I know is that if you think about this situation too much you will never buy a high performance cleat. I know I wouldn't be able to live with that :lol:

ehssoccer11

Post

My friend got a pair of the top of the line new preds (indigo) and in 2 weeks the k leather was seperating from the stud bottom sole thingy (haha). It didnt seem to bother his play.

another kid on my hs team has the step below the "real" total 90 air zooms said they were the most comfortable boot he has ever worn. I think it all depends on ur foot shape and what pos. u normally play. I had a pair of F50's i thot they were the best thing ever but then they started to have Central AC haha(a big hole in the front of the toe) and i now have the diadora cobra's rtx 12 and they are comfortable if u tie them down tightly and u feel like u r getting a blister but u really arent.

Sorry i oculdnt be much of a help but i just see so many people buy completely diff. kinds of boots and it is all a matter of what u like and what is comfortable. I recomend going to a local shop and tryin on diff boots and either buy from thme or eurosport (which ever is cheaper)!!!!

HAPPY MEGGING!!!!!!!!

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post

Right now im still wearing the AZT 90 2 which i've had for a while. Im in serious consideration of not buying one of the "Big Two" brands (meaning adidas and nike) and go with a pair of diadoras, lottos, or even the umbros. first ill see what nike comes out with first because im a big nike slappy.
Image

Mike
Senior Member
Posts: 136
Joined: 24 Dec 2004, 04:34

Post

Although Nike does use slaves to make their equipment, they still make good cleats.
I'm not saying its right or whatever, but mosto f you are saying that justb ecause they do that there cleats suck. They don't! :lol:
Why do you guys think professional players all over the world are using nike???

J
Admin
Posts: 1696
Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 20:41
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post

some of them are under contract with nike and dont have a choice. A slave is someone who is forced to work for nothing, and has absolutely no choice. In my opinion nike makes lower quality cleats out of all the brands to choose from.

User avatar
expert
Site Admin
Posts: 2309
Joined: 13 Sep 2004, 16:40

Post

Mike wrote:Although Nike does use slaves to make their equipment, they still make good cleats.
I'm not saying its right or whatever, but mosto f you are saying that justb ecause they do that there cleats suck. They don't! :lol:
Nike is a corporation and their main goal is making money. Their cleats are popular because they are stylish and because they are marketed well. I don't think Nike cleats suck. But a large part of their design is done so they could sell (not perform!) better.
Mike wrote:Why do you guys think professional players all over the world are using nike???
Why? Because they get paid millions to endorse them. :)

madridfc
Veteran Member
Posts: 401
Joined: 02 Jan 2005, 03:42
Location: NH, US

Post

expert wrote: Nike is a corporation and their main goal is making money. Their cleats are popular because they are stylish and because they are marketed well. I don't think Nike cleats suck. But a large part of their design is done so they could sell (not perform!) better.
well then expert, what would you suggest? if nike does this, you would think the same of other larger brands like adidas or something wouldn't you? they probably just want to make money too. are you saying that joma, puma, or lotto boots are the way to go? :?
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

Mike
Senior Member
Posts: 136
Joined: 24 Dec 2004, 04:34

Post

I see your point expert.
So you do not recommend any nike cleats ??

In your opinion what is better?

User avatar
expert
Site Admin
Posts: 2309
Joined: 13 Sep 2004, 16:40

Post

madridfc wrote:if nike does this, you would think the same of other larger brands like adidas or something wouldn't you? they probably just want to make money too. :?
Of course, they all do. "The US athletic shoe market is a $13 billion-per-year industry... The driving force of new athletic-shoe design is not merely performance... fashion plays a large role in shaping their appearance and features. Since the youth market is frequently targeted by advertisers, field surveys have been done to study young people’s behavior in selecting shoes." (by Dr. Stephen M. Pribut - http://www.drpribut.com/sports/sneaker_odyssey.html)
mike wrote:So you do not recommend any nike cleats ??
In your opinion what is better?
That is a trick question. Each corporation has its distinct style and features. Nike boots have the Nikeskin technology which makes them very, very light compared to Adidas, for example. Adidas boots on the other hand are more durable. Stylistically, Adidas cleats look traditional whereas Nike is modern and slick. Puma stands somewhere between these two.
I suggest you find a particular model that feels 'natural' to you and stick to it. One of my favorite boots was a classic Mitre model that is no longer being produced. It used to have a very sensitive, almost elastic skin.

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member
Posts: 315
Joined: 28 Jan 2005, 21:04
Location: NC, USA

Post

J, i would really like you to give us all this proof you are claiming that the u.s uses 1/3 of the world's resources and that addidas is made in indonesia and the rest of the crap!!!

Post Reply