Total 90's and Mercurial Vapors

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
madridfc
Veteran Member

i've got a bunch of questions regarding cleats. if you could answer them for me that would be great. also, could you tell me if you're sure about the info or not? i just want to be sure. thanks a bunch
1. what are the 2005 mercurial vapors called?
2. where can i get them?
3. how much do they cost?
4. when do they come out?
5. i heard that m. vapors were bad for you, like for your knees or they didn't give you support or anything. is this true?
6. what are the 2005 total 90s called?
7. where can i get them?
8. how much do they cost?
9. when do they come out?

cheers
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

madridfc
Veteran Member

PPLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
olé

j

when they come out you will see them in eurosport, im sure it will be soon, right before the start of the 2005 spring saeson.

johnny114life

there already out in Eurosport

madridfc wrote: 5. i heard that m. vapors were bad for you, like for your knees or they didn't give you support or anything. is this true?
cheers
nike sucks. i used to think they were great but not anymore. nike cares for nothing but money.

vapours are horrible for you. don't get them ever. has anyone even asked why they weigh 192 grams or whatever? has anyone ever asked why you can push the heel in and collapse it with ur thumb? not only is it bad and will not last as long, but it's not safe for you. and the leather being so thin, one challenge from a defender and you could break ur foot.

and total 90s? i assume you meant air zoom total 90s because total 90s are the cheap copies of the air zoom total 90s.

well their cleats break off, they give you blisters on the top of the foot, they fly off ur foot easily even if you tie them down tight, and the problems go on and on and on.

go get adidas.

madridfc
Veteran Member

thanks for the help, guest. i suggest you sign up for the forums. i would try adidas, but i got some silver predators in mid june 04 and by the beginning of november, they were totally unplayable, if thats a word. the top kangaroo leather had split from the bottom on the inside and were really falling apart. so i'm a little bit against trying adidas again.

i've got total 90 air zoom turfs and they're working out pretty well, and i guess i kind of understant what you mean by your feet sliding around a bit, but what else is wrong with them? i donno. if you or anyone else has got suggestions for comfortable, high quality boots, that would be greatly appreciated. thanks
olé

remove
Sophomore Member

Anonymous wrote:nike sucks.
i'm gonna hafta agree with the anon there.

i'm not big on the whole sweatshops thing.

"Nike, a major footwear company, refers to itself as a 'network firm'. This means it employs 8000 people in management, design, sales, and promotion, and leaves production in the hands of some 75,000 workers hired by independent contractors. Most of the out-sourced production takes place in Indonesia, where a pair of Nikes that sells in New Zealand, the US, or Europe for $73 to $135 is produced for about $5.60 by girls and young women paid as little as 15 cents an hour.

The workers are housed in company barracks, there are no unions, overtime is often mandatory, and if there is a strike the military can be called in to break it up. The $20 million that basket-ball star Michael Jordan (and Jonah Lomu?) reportedly received in one year, for promoting Nike shoes, exceeded the entire annual payroll of the Indonesian factories that made them.

When asked about the conditions at plants where Nike are produced, John Woodman, Nike's general manager in Indonesia, said he knew there had been labour problems in the six Indonesian factories where Nike shoes are made, but he had no idea what they had been about. Furthermore, he said, "I don't know that I need to know. It's not within our scope to investigate."

if you can stomach that, and still wear them, you've got a better stomach than i do.
propaganda mind control
turnin it on is like puttin on a blind fold

j

the adidas predator pulse trx-fg is a great boot.

And as for the the people working for 15 cents an hour in indonesia, its probably the best job they can find for themselves for what they are born into. if you are going to look at things like that , you better check out a lot of other things that you take for granted that they could only dream about.

THE UNITED STATES USES ONE THIRD OF THE WORLDS RECORCES

remove
Sophomore Member

j wrote:...if you are going to look at things like that...
if you're not going to look at things like that- then you're being an irresponsible global citizen.

if you're going to be a responsible global citizen, then you're not going to be directly supporting the global corporations that are taking advantage of the globalization policies that the world's corporations have created for themselves. nike is a clear example of who not to support.
propaganda mind control

madridfc
Veteran Member

so remove, why "remove?" why not like arlen007 or something (thats actually the name of a really weird guy i know)hahahaha :lol:
olé

remove
Sophomore Member

madridfc wrote:so remove, why "remove?" why not like arlen007 or something
bit off topic here, so i've created another thread for discussion of member's nicknames and their various origins.

http://www.expertfootball.com/forum/vie ... ?p=716#716
propaganda mind control

j

remove, action please, its very easy to talk. you dont even realize how many things you buy and support that are made by people making the same type of money in the same working condition, To single out nike is ridiculus. By not buying a product that billions of other people buy anyway is pointless, unless you just dont like that product for what it is. Adidas are also made in indonesa by the way.

j

And also can you please explain what a responsible global citizen is????does that only have to do with money, because if so thats a bad way of saying it "responsible global citizen"

j wrote:remove, action please, its very easy to talk. you dont even realize how many things you buy and support that are made by people making the same type of money in the same working condition, To single out nike is ridiculus. By not buying a product that billions of other people buy anyway is pointless, unless you just dont like that product for what it is. Adidas are also made in indonesa by the way.
but adidas aren't as big as nike so they actually care about making the boots actually good quality. nike is so big that they can get away with making crap and selling them for ridiculous prices because of their advertisements and such. you could argue that adidas could do the same thing but adidas has been with the sport for decades. nike doesn't even know anything about the sport and pretend to make amazing boots. that just makes me sick.

btw i'm the same guy as before.

j

oh its ok because adidas had been with the sport, but they can do the same thing as nike, give me a break!! just dont by a boot because you dont like it because its not what you desire, dont tell people all that crap about how the working conditions are poor. 80% of the equipment you use in football is made by the same people.