Shinguards

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
K.Kwon
New User

How would you make the shinguards w/o straps be in fixed position when it moves around during the game? I've heard there are some shin bands we can get...is that true?

Messifan19
New User

I have had the same problem until i got the adidas pro lites the skins are long enough so you can put the skin on then put the gaurd over and pull the bottom half of the skin up and over the gaurd. works for me.
Play Beautiful.

bleedblue115

rolmo3
New User

sleeves work too, you just slide the shinguard in and you're set

zizou

What? You mean those bands that you fix with velcro around the top of your shin? If yours doesnt have them, then that's stupid. I thought every shinguard had those, otherwise the things would flap around everywhere. If yours doesn't have them, buy new ones (coz yours must be really bad not to have them) or wear football socks. they will keep them together.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

zizou, this is a dead topic. The guy was asking for help a long time ago, so no need to try and help him now. He has probably already solved his problem..
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

rzadzinski wrote:zizou, this is a dead topic. The guy was asking for help a long time ago, so no need to try and help him now. He has probably already solved his problem..
Bingo! It's not really against the rules, zizou, but it is something that a good poster tries to refrain from doing. :wink: Happy posting!

P.S. You can check the date of a post by looking just under the previous poster's username/avatar.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

zizou wrote:What? You mean those bands that you fix with velcro around the top of your shin? If yours doesnt have them, then that's stupid. I thought every shinguard had those, otherwise the things would flap around everywhere. If yours doesn't have them, buy new ones (coz yours must be really bad not to have them) or wear football socks. they will keep them together.
A lot of shinguards don't have straps on the top. This makes them lighter and more comfortable since you don't have an elastic band constricting your calf.

Ballack13
Veteran Member

are the none ankle-protected shingaurds better? or worse?

soccer11
Admin

heres a cheap and more affect trick i learned. get some of that foamy, pre-wrap stuff, wrap it around a few times at both top and bottum of shin guards. then, get some athletic tape and tape around the pre-wrap. that will hold it in place really nicely.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

I think you mean pro-wrap, but that is still more expensive in the long run. Pro-Wrap is pretty pricey and if you can get shinpad holders, I'd say go for it.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin