I hate all the junks on my legs

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
K.Kwon
New User

We all are familiar with playing soccer on the streets when we were young. It was good time. But throughout the years of middle school, high school, and college(currently), the game of soccer came to me as a game of endurance, no more game of fun. I think that's because of all the protective equipments that we have to wear during every single game. I seriously can play so much better without having them on. Long socks, huge shinguards, and ankle protections...those things give me huge changes in my game. You don't realize but sum of those little weights can be very affective during 90 minutes of game(I mean it will really wear you out more than not having them on because I can seriously fly over the whole field if I didnt have em on) Sometimes, I even sit on the bench as a reserve player. I know I'm so much better than anyone in my team.
I've been looking through pictures of Christiano Ronaldo because he can move his legs like crazy when he's dribbling the ball in the games. I found out that he wears the lightest stuff on his legs. Actually, all the players' legs look very thin compared to my fat stupid awkard looking shin. That's why I just ordered addidas adidas Predator® Lesto today. Do you guys know anything about this product? It was very cheap, $5.99. But the weight of this thing is amazingly only 0.6 oz. A lot lighter than those stupid heavy ones that I have. And I decided not to wear ankle protections anymore during my games. Do you guys think my stretegy on my apparel will improve my game? I would really appreciate your opinions on this. Thank you.

kamil k

u'll be able to run faster 4 shore!

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Yeah I did the same thing as you and it helped my leg speed and my ball control. For some reason when I had those bulky shinguards I could never control the ball well because the shinguards were just annoying. I switched to some lighter shinguards, no ankle protection and now stuff is easier for me. Besides, I had huge shinguards and strong ankle protection, and I still fractured my ankle( I actually heard my bone cracking as I was getting tackled) so they don't really help that much.

tonymahony

i got a shinguard without ankle protection, pretty cool and is hecka light. But even so, it still makes a difference in my shooting, but not a huge huge difference.

i have Adidas Club Lite 4.6 oz and 7$!!! a good deal i say!
Tigers of Asia, Corea

BenAMsoccer

I recently made the same change. It really helps alot, but make sure you are keeping them in place, or you'll have a different problem to work with.

zizou

Guys, its ok to not wear ankle protection, but shinpads are hell necessary. It was only a few days ago when one of my friends who wasn't wearing pads got slide tackled straight into the shins, and he had these huge red marks where he was hit. he cant play on our team now for a month, and is actually badly injured. Sure, you can run a bit faster, but its not worth risking the injury, is it?

jvelaz02
New User

Well I personally like to use the light, compact shinguards. I was wondering off buying the underamor shinguars but don't know? Anybody got any info on those?

Juventus10FC

shinguards are really cumbersome sometimes. a while ago i was going to guy these really light nike ones but another player on my team had them. before one of our games the refs did the little sportsmanship talk and checking boots and such and they told him his shinguards were too small and he couldn't play unless he got different ones. he ended up having to borrow another one of our players in order to play so i never got them.

anyone else hear of someone not being allowed to play because of this?
Bentworth Soccer 2007

powell
English Meister

hey guys this is a dead topic theres not much need to post in here, im sure the member has found what hes looking for since he posted about 5 months ago.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

powell wrote:hey guys this is a dead topic theres not much need to post in here, im sure the member has found what hes looking for since he posted about 5 months ago.
True, but the person who revived this thread had some good information to add to the conversation, so I don't think anyone is at fault for that. :wink:
Juventus10FC wrote:shinguards are really cumbersome sometimes. a while ago i was going to guy these really light nike ones but another player on my team had them. before one of our games the refs did the little sportsmanship talk and checking boots and such and they told him his shinguards were too small and he couldn't play unless he got different ones. he ended up having to borrow another one of our players in order to play so i never got them.

anyone else hear of someone not being allowed to play because of this?
One of my mates from my team last year (who just happened to be 6'4" and have the longest legs in the world) had these tiny tiny shinguards, and for about half of our games he was told by the referee that he had to find another pair. He always brought a back up pair though.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

I should make a what shinguard do you wear thread. I have these amazing Umbro ones. I forgot the name, but you can attach or detach the ankle guards (I never wear them anyways). But yeah, they're the ones that look like and English flag sort of. They have a few layers of protection, and are stiff as a rock, but very light too. Anyone know if they have these, or have heard of these also?
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

PenaltyMiss

lol rzadzinski, i was going to buy those shingaurds tomorrow anyway, and apparently they're good too! i tried them on a couple days ago and they are pretty good and light.
The difference between right and wrong is often not more than five metres

Solid0Snake

I have the Nike Air Zoom Total 90 Shinguards:

They're new, and you can detach the shinguard and keep the ankle support thing.
I think it goes the other way as well..it's pretty cool, and the thickness of the shield is amazing..it hurts my finger if I knock on them hard.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Mine look like that only they don't detach, I absolutely loathe the ankle guard thing, it's so useless and it makes my touch and passing heavier and way worse. I'm definitely getting new shinguards.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

haha totally off topic but your sig is funny hugh