help! new synthetic boots...?

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
Wiseman_philosopher

help! new synthetic boots...?

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 23 Sep 2006, 20:35

I just bought some new £90 (RRP £120), Nike Air Zoom Total 90 Supremacy boots (the ones Wayne Rooney wears).

But I haven't a clue about them.

a) Will they stretch to fit my foot better?
b) Do I need to do any of this water stuff before I first wear them?
c) How do I break them in and stuff?

Please help urgently!!!
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 24 Sep 2006, 17:22

Please reply.

There have been 17 views and no replies, so please stop leeching around.

I need help guys.

Thanks.
He who thinks too much about every step he takes will stay on one leg all his life.

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 24 Sep 2006, 19:25

"Leeching"? Perhaps people just don't have any answers.

A) I don't know.

B) I don't know.

C) By playing in them. It sounds obvious but it's the only way I know. As it's urgent I'm guessing you don't have time to break them in and have an important game coming up? If that's the case, I'd recommend getting to the pitch a good hour earlier than you would have normally, and do some light jogging and a bit of shooting/crossing. It won't solve your problems, but something is better than nothing.

Hope it goes well! :)

Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 24 Sep 2006, 19:38

Thanks magicfeet.

No, I don't have an important game coming up, just training next thursday so it's not majorly urgent, and yes I do have a little bit of time to break them in - but I want to get this sorted out well before then.

More much advice appreciated thanks.

racketylui
New User

water helps

Post by racketylui » 25 Sep 2006, 01:03

I have a really wide foot so I take showers in my cleats to speed up the process of making them more comfortable. After you let them dry out keep them on a little while, then play with them. Hope this helps.
If you do nothing you will be nothing

Wiseman_philosopher

Post by Wiseman_philosopher » 25 Sep 2006, 15:23

Are you sure water doesn'r ruin the materials?? Leather and others?

G-Unit-Freestyler

Post by G-Unit-Freestyler » 26 Sep 2006, 13:26

Wiseman_philosopher wrote:Are you sure water doesn'r ruin the materials?? Leather and others?
It does, years ago I played with my boots when it rained hard and I left it outside my house. Next day it was all cracked... and it smelled :)

mercurial2
Sophomore Member

Post by mercurial2 » 27 Sep 2006, 00:10

since its synthetic it doesnt break in that well but it still does and first off dont shower with your shoes or get them wet on purpose just play hard in the for like hour or just run around and play for an hour or so

linkeklinky
New User

Nike Air Zoom Total 90 Supremacy boots

Post by linkeklinky » 10 Oct 2006, 10:39

Nike Air Zoom Total 90 Supremacy boots will not stretch very much. If you buy them they really have to fit well immediatly. that's my opinion, i have had the total 90 zoom an i think nike used the same material's fot that. With water they might stretch a little, especially warm, but not to warm because that might harm the boots.