Mercurial Blisters

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
tonymahony

All right on all these online stores i have found reviews ranting and raving about bliters here blisters there and frankly im getting tired of it. So, I have been looking into these boots for about of month and am waiting 'til the holidays to order 'em. But everyone says the blisters are killer and i want to sort it out right now!!!!

1. Do the Mercurial Vapors/Talaria/Steams actually give you blisters?

2. If so how do you eliminate these blisters?

3. And if you're reading this thank you and Shalom! (haha) :wink:
Tigers of Asia, Corea

belija91
Veteran Member

Vapours are a small fit boot and they are designed for speed. Meaning, If your friends have wide/big feet they are obviously going to get blisters. It varies from person to person, you don't see Ronaldo complaining about them :wink:

What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

mercurial2
Sophomore Member

i have them no blisters

tonymahony

haha good point belja

another question i have is how durable are there...

posts are very appreciated thank you for reading this thread :)
Tigers of Asia, Corea

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Yea, I don't have the cleats, but I heard that they have really good durability, except the toe wears down a bit. But other than that, they sound like a good shoe, but make sure u get the right fit!

mercurial2
Sophomore Member

hey ive had the vapors for like 7 months and theyre still rele rele good condition except for scratches theres nothing wrong with the material at all still good the only problem with the vapors is where the sole joins the material part of the shoe at the very front it comes loose a bit but nothing that affects your game durabilty is really really good

tonymahony

sw33t thanks. Again feedback is appreciated! :D :) :x :twisted:
Tigers of Asia, Corea

hey_u_sucker
New User

i m interested in the vapors but my qn is tt wad do u define as wide foot?

Scotty
Sophomore Member

I have mercurial pace vapors and i have no problem

nikefan
Sophomore Member

I've got the mercurial talarias and I had a problem with blisters on my first few games. I solved the problem by putting some thick tape on my heel. Now I don't even need to do that anymore. And to answer your question: yes, you might have a problem at the beginning but it probably will go away after a few games.

tonymahony

thanks guys for all these wonderful posts!

Now, do Adidas predators give you blisters? and if they do i would like to know why, because the vapors and the predators are two great boots but one seems to blisterize and the other doesn't i haven't really figured it out yet but feedback, is again appreciated. Also why and how can vapors give you blisters?? o.o
Tigers of Asia, Corea

Lexo797

My friend owns a pair of Adidas Predators (indoor and cleats). I don't reckon he's ever complained about blisters and he's usually talking about what a great fit they are (on him anyways).

Hope that answers your question. :wink:

EDIT: and as for how boots can give you blisters, it depends on your foot size. SInce Mercurials are designed for speed and are relatively thin (compared to other cleats), having large or "wide" feet may cause you to get blisters.

sicht
New User

I have had blisters with most of all the cleats i've had. I have the vapor 3's and would gladly suffer a week of blister annoyance for the great feel, touch, and response they offer. A great purchase for any advanced player.

zachariah87
Sophomore Member

I have the talarias and they gave me blisters at first but not so much anymore! I have narrow feet too and didnt expect to get any but it happened! The thing is if you get blisters dont be a pussy about it you can still play with a blister or two!
"I'm sure sex wouldn't be as rewarding as winning the World Cup. It's not that sex isn't good, but the World Cup is every four years and sex is not." Ronaldo, Brazilian player

Raymondo
New User

i have the mecurials and they didn't give any blisters.They were very snug when i got them but after a game or two the stretch to your feet. As everyone else has said u do definately need narrow feet
If there was no football the world would be boring