synthetic or leather?????

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
roonypower
New User

Just bringing up the question. Synthetic or leather. Personally i have always liked synthetic because it fits like a glove. never streches, and does not get waterloged. they last forever. So what is the verdict?????

Its the power that counts

bow3022
New User

Well since i bought the copa. I like leather much more than synthetic. I had synthetic and its just not as confortable for me.

roonypower
New User

which synthetic shoe did you have??

Its the power that counts

ballackfan
Veteran Member

rooneypower,

I think leather is much better currently, although you'll start to see better synthetic production such as in the Vapors. I don't know about you but my touches are much better with leather. And on the downside is that most leather boot are heavier than the one made of synthetic. I also think that leather do feel much more comfortable but that's personal.

I'm not saying your touches will improved if you wear leather, it's your touch not the boot. If you get used to synthetic then it is up to the user who has to adapt to the new boot. So there is the need for speed.

bow3022
New User

With leather i think u can feel the ball more. With synthetic u cannot feel the ball as much because well, its synthetic, its not as soft. But on the downside of leather is that when u get tackled, or stepped on it hurts like hell.

ballackfan
Veteran Member

bow3022 wrote:With leather i think u can feel the ball more. With synthetic u cannot feel the ball as much because well, its synthetic, its not as soft. But on the downside of leather is that when u get tackled, or stepped on it hurts like hell.
I noticed that with my new Talaria 3. I have hard time juggling with the synthetic, it felt like when the ball contacted with the boot it wants to slide off, opposite from my Maximus kangaroo boots which grips really well even in wet condition. Though I not sure what you mean synthetic are not soft, that are soft and that's why you have to hit the ball hard for you to feel it. There is different types of synthetic so I'm referring to my new Talaria 3 which I was disappointed buying them. Still it's the lightest boot I owned, feel like you're flying. :)

A-man147

Kangaroo leather all the way. Moulds perfectly to fit your foot.
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

Orandge
New User

i feel like i have a much better touch with leather. leather is better
Orandge

pronounced "O" randge