Post Your Boots !

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
kunk1987
Sophomore Member

Post by kunk1987 » 10 Sep 2010, 11:02

My new boots..
I still have my adipure 1 -> but we are getting artifical grass and had to buy new boots for this grass, so i decided to buy this one, i can use them on every kind of surface.. Cant wait to try them..

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 29 Oct 2010, 05:59

Just got these today but waiting for my stress fracture to my right metatarsal 1 to heal before I can play in them. Wearing them around the house currently just to break them in a little.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 14 Jan 2011, 07:49

Figured I'd bring this thread back from the dead.

Got these about 2 months ago, really like em so far. I'm switching between these and the CTR WC's right now and it's a good rotation.

I'm not much for the Mercurial series but Kitbag had a crazy sale and felt I couldn't pass on them.

Edit: All 3 together
Last edited by TommyGun on 18 Jan 2011, 05:44, edited 1 time in total.

mrbeankid22

Post by mrbeankid22 » 18 Jan 2011, 05:26

Nice boots Tommy. Yeah, I was going to jump on the free shipped $120 Superflys from Kitbag but I decided against it because I wanted CTR360's. I would have taken any other SuperFly colorway, but I was iffy on the WC Color and the sole plate (since it differs from the full CF).

But instead, I sold off a few of my older boots I'd accumulated that I don't wear (SG Mercurial Vapor II's, Dinhos, etc.) and I managed to purchase a pair of the new Black/Orange Vapor VI and Baby Blue/Dark Blue CTR360 Elites, both brand new.

Excited to try either one of them out, but I'm gonna have to wait until my Cactus colored Vapor VI's give out on me. :wink:

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 18 Jan 2011, 05:51

mrbeankid22 wrote:Nice boots Tommy. Yeah, I was going to jump on the free shipped $120 Superflys from Kitbag but I decided against it because I wanted CTR360's. I would have taken any other SuperFly colorway, but I was iffy on the WC Color and the sole plate (since it differs from the full CF).

But instead, I sold off a few of my older boots I'd accumulated that I don't wear (SG Mercurial Vapor II's, Dinhos, etc.) and I managed to purchase a pair of the new Black/Orange Vapor VI and Baby Blue/Dark Blue CTR360 Elites, both brand new.

Excited to try either one of them out, but I'm gonna have to wait until my Cactus colored Vapor VI's give out on me. :wink:
edited above^

Yeah, my favorites are still the CTR's with the Laser Elite's in a very close second. I hated the Lasers at first but they've really grown on me after the break-in period. I haven't had any Mercurial since the R9 so it's a different experience with the SFII. I had my second run in them today but I took it very easy since it was turf(not trying to get that sense stud caught up in that).

Just give the elite's the proper break-in and they will be very stable and responsive. I'd recommend wearing them around the house just to flex your feet in them and you won't have as much trouble on the first couple of wears. I have some mixed-stud CTR I's and some II's on the way right now and I'll post them when they come in.

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 19 Jan 2011, 11:13

Hey Tommy, where do you get your sigs from?
(Sorry for the off-thread comment, was just very intrigued, they always make me laugh :) )

Gotta say, those boots look pretty sweet :D
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 19 Jan 2011, 19:04

LiveTheDream wrote:Hey Tommy, where do you get your sigs from?
(Sorry for the off-thread comment, was just very intrigued, they always make me laugh :) )

Gotta say, those boots look pretty sweet :D
Thanks, gotta keep it entertaining haha. Some I have made but others I just come across. Most of the Arsenal-related one are traded back and forth among friends but Gifsoup.com/Gifbin.com have quite a few.

http://www.gifsoup.com/gallery/soccer-gifs-34

http://www.gifbin.com/search/soccer/

Thanks about the boots. I have some mixed-sole CTR's coming in today from a boot tailor in Wales. I can't wait to see how they turn out since the ground here is always soft due to the rainfall. I hate the 6-stud SG's due to stud pressure so I'm thinking these will do the trick.

EDIT: Just came in. I've always wanted to try a pair of mixed-stud in the CTR since you seem them throughout most leagues. Our pitches are either turf or really soft so these will work out great.
Last edited by TommyGun on 20 Jan 2011, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 20 Jan 2011, 00:50

Deletd it for you man, yeah let us know how they go man :)
i was made to ignite

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 30 Jan 2011, 10:57

Well, the mixed-sole CTR ^above^ are perfect for grass fields here(5 uses so far). It seems this rain won't quit anytime soon but the combo of studs really spreads out the stud pressure perfectly. They really eat up the grass for traction and I can see why some professionals are going with a mixed-sole vs. the 6 stud SG plate.

These came in the mail the other day. Nike.com(US) had a mistake/clearance sale on the CTR II's for $63 one morning so I was lucky enough to place an order in time before my size sold out. Everyone thought it was a mistake/CTR II launch promotion/etc. but all I know is mine shipped and I'm happy. I had to ship them to the parents house in the US and they had to re-ship them here, but totally worth it.

So here's the updated group shot.

BRB, entering boot rehab.

ImpossibleIsNothing6

Post by ImpossibleIsNothing6 » 31 Jan 2011, 00:06

I've had these v1.08's for about 2 months now, haven't got a proper photo yet but yea..

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 01 Feb 2011, 03:06

TommyGun wrote:Well, the mixed-sole CTR ^above^ are perfect for grass fields here(5 uses so far). It seems this rain won't quit anytime soon but the combo of studs really spreads out the stud pressure perfectly. They really eat up the grass for traction and I can see why some professionals are going with a mixed-sole vs. the 6 stud SG plate.

These came in the mail the other day. Nike.com(US) had a mistake/clearance sale on the CTR II's for $63 one morning so I was lucky enough to place an order in time before my size sold out. Everyone thought it was a mistake/CTR II launch promotion/etc. but all I know is mine shipped and I'm happy. I had to ship them to the parents house in the US and they had to re-ship them here, but totally worth it.

So here's the updated group shot.

BRB, entering boot rehab.
Haha, what's the treatment?

Wow, I think I'm in love with those CTRs :D
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 01 Feb 2011, 03:23

LiveTheDream wrote: Haha, what's the treatment?

Wow, I think I'm in love with those CTRs :D
I think the treatment should be some type of ban from all stores(online or local) or something. I'm going to try rotate less so I can adjust to one feel and change it up depending on surface and overall performance.

I had an hour long run in them yesterday straight out of the box and they are very comfortable. They are very similar to the I's but I'd say they are much more comfortable/stable at the heel section. The new pass pad is much better in my opinion. I'm trying to rest my right achilles now(some exhaustion as of late) but should have another run in them on Wednesday. So far, they are perfect.

Ahmed_Khan
Sophomore Member

Post by Ahmed_Khan » 12 Jul 2011, 15:06

Just got these,can't wait to play in them...
the CTR cost 350 AED and the mercurials for 400 AED.Which is roughly 100 dollars for each shoe.