Vapor ll or Vapor lll

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
Blakman
New User

Im at a crossroad...

I need a new pair of boots for the upcoming season and I have two choices

Vapor ll or Vapor lll

If you have owned both can you tell me which one is better? What are the inprovements in the new boots, what are the diffences and basically which do you prefer?

I really need better ankle support which is why I am switching from my current talarias to the mega expensive vapors. Please help me to make the wise choice and not waste my money on the wrong model.

Thanx
;-)

mercurial2
Sophomore Member

hey neither one of them give you ankle support really but if i were you id get the mercurial III cause i personally think that the new ones are more solid a shoe than the IIs but i like the IIs more cause theyre more comfortable and it really feels like a sock on your foot but i cant find my size anymore so i use the IIIs other wise go for the IIs

arminho09

the IIIs are better because they are more comfortable and the carbon heel wraps your heel and then when you shoot the ball or somethin your foot wont move around in the boot and i think they look nicer

ISNAD
New User

hey i think u shud get da new one cuz it has beter support on da hell...n its better den da mv2...iv owned both n i jus luvd da mv3s so my opinion is get da mv3s

ISNAD
New User

hey i think u shud get da new one cuz it has beter support on da hell...n its better den da mv2...iv owned both n i jus luvd da mv3s so my opinion is get da mv3s

Blakman
New User

mercurial2 wrote:hey neither one of them give you ankle support really but if i were you id get the mercurial III cause i personally think that the new ones are more solid a shoe than the IIs but i like the IIs more cause theyre more comfortable and it really feels like a sock on your foot but i cant find my size anymore so i use the IIIs other wise go for the IIs

1)When I said support I meant compared to my old talarias..vapors and ankle support is an oxymoron....lol

2) What size are you I know a good site that has alot of II only in chrome/blue and the white/yellow bazilian colors though

so its 2 to 1 in favor of the VIII...anyone else wanna share?
;-)

mercurial2
Sophomore Member

im a size 12

Blakman
New User

Angelo Soccer corner is where usual order my boots from. Here is the link, they still have a few Vii in stock.

http://www.soccercorner.com/category_s/26.htm
;-)

Blakman
New User

So I went to a store 2 days ago but they didnt have the new Vapor iii however they did have the new talarias. I tried them on and all I have to say is, damn those boots are comfy. Sadly they are also noticably heavier, more like conventional boots and nothing like what the original Vapor line represented, the lightest boots money can buy. So anyone Vapor wearers who has been complaining about comfort;
Good news: problem fixed,
Bad news: the new Viii arent vapors anymore just flashy boots.
(assuming the talarias gave me a good representation of the new Vapor III)

That said I got a breath of fresh air when I picked up and felt the wieght or lack thereof from the new Puma v1.06 i FG. WOW, simply amazing. With the boot in my hand I could tell that there was almost no weight in the material used for the upper. Unlike the vapors of old and new where the light wieght was felt equally distriuted throughout the boot, the Puma's slight heft can only be felt in the sole plate which is an eerie and hair raising feeling. I am seriously considering buying a pair, with the only thing holding me back is questions about the durability of a 0.4mm and fantastically light upper. But then again I had the same doubts when the vapors first came out so maybe the new Puma model is the future of light wieght technology.

Shame on you Nike for dropping the bar, HURAAY Puma....lol

However I still cant pass judgement on which boot to buy until I have sampled the real Viii in a store or somthing.

So now the choices are Vii vs Viii vs Puma v1.06
Any Input is welcome
;-)

P.Nedved

in your situuation i would go with the v1.06's.
they are much lighter and the upper really forms
to your foot. but durability wise i dont know if the v1's would
be the choice.