Fast way to break in my boots

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
englishplayer

I just got a new pair of Copa Mundials from a local soccer shop and they guy there said that to break them in quickly that I should put my boots on and run water over them for awhile and the leather will soften. He said after that I should put some newspaper in them and the newspaper will soke up the water. Does this really work will it break them in quicker? I'm also worried that my boots will start to smell badly after that so if you know anything about this please help me out.

Also I've heard that leather food is bad for Copa Mundials but this guy said that I should put it on there, either that or put some mink oil on there. If you can help me out thanks in advance.

arminho09

the copas kangaroo leather is so soft you dont even realy have to brake them in...and get the leather food it cant be bad for them if they are leather

englishplayer

The problem is when the leather comes it's a bit hard so I have to play in it to soften it up and have it mold to my feet.

A-man147

Im not sure, but I heard the same thing about soaking them in water.

englishplayer

Ya I'm wondering if that will work and if it will make my shoes smell bad even if I put newspapers in them to dry.

Alan08
New User

You may find this article useful -Breaking In Football Boots

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

just wear them around the house, or go outside and kick the ball around a bit, its not hard.
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

Christopher

I just wear mine without socks for a day or so and the sweat from ur feet will loosen them up. Don't run in them though or you'll get a blister.