Leather Food?

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
struggler
New User

Who uses leather food? If you don't what other techniques do you use to preserve the leather of your cleats?

I've heard Chelsea leather food is good but would Sof Sole leather lube work just as well? If anyone has used either of these products or has another suggestion please post your results and tips. I've noticed a lot of people inquiring about this subject asking how to preserve their new cleats. Maybe we can get a definitive thread to end these questions. PLEASE help start this thread. Thanks in advance for your tips and reviews

arminho09

chelsea leather food is good and it should work fine if you apply it after every use of your boots

marcamus
New User

I use saddle soap first to clean them and then use mink oil to preserve them after everytime I use them which is only for games

copps75

how ofter should you apply the leather food to your cleats, and how much at a time?
Berlin Here We Come

Giggsy11

I use chelsea leather food once a week. I only use it on black cleats cuz itl stain white ones orange and it will stain the rubber on predators orange (personal experience). I also only would use it on k-leather cleats maybe calf leather. I get a dallop and mooth it out over my cleats with a rag. I apply enough so that it is obvious you covered the whole shoes but u shouldnt be able to tell that it is still orange (idk if that description helps). I then just let them sit overnight and wipe the excess off with a rag. Clean the cleats first of course and always wipe the stuff off as much as you can cuz it can trap dirt.
The secret to being succesful is to be ready for opportunity when it comes.

SCHUMMY
Sophomore Member

I use Dr. Marten's Wonder Balsam. Its the consistency of thick paste & works really well. Its nuetral so it will not stain white leather or make rubber yellow. I use it on my Predator PowerSwerve China 2008 Colourway.