Anti-Nike

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
Barcafan44
Sophomore Member

hey, i have had the Nike Total 90's for about five moths and I hate them, something to do with the fact that i have wide feet. Anyway, now I am not spending 200 dollars on a pair of cleats and i heard that Puma and Diadoras are good.

I was wondering if anyone had any experiance with the new pumas, Puma King Exec i FG. But my friend said that Pumas are mainly for strikers, and i am a midfeilder/defender, so i wanted to see what you guys thought about the Pumas.
Thanks, sorry for the long post
THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE SPORT

GO COLOMBIA 2006 WORLD CUP!!!!

Ronaldinho10

Puma Cellerator zero 5's are very cool and are for wider feet.
I've got the cellerator zero 4's and they are great - I'm gonna get the zero 5's in May when the ground goes firm again. They are quality boots and are worn by Pires , Ljuneberg etc. if u wanted 2 no wot pro playrs wear them.
Hope this helps.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

i have the same question about umbros? anyone try them? if so how are they??

Sweeper5

I wore Umbro's the past two seasons and they are really comfortable, their built a little bit wider thatn most boots though, so if you have thin feet then they are most likely not for you

soccer dude900

i was wondering the same thingexept what indoor shoes were the best for juggling?

peps1154
Veteran Member

I got to tell u guys that nike has cheap ass cleats. I just bought the pair ROnaldinho wears like a month ago, and u know I started practicing everyday now they are already ripped after 3 weeks. Thats 70 bucks gone straight to hell.

RealMadridFan.inPR
Sophomore Member

barcafan u asked abotu diadoras. these are great shoes, i have the brasil elite and they are awesome but since u say you have wide feet they arent for you, as far as I know diadora makes pretty thin shoes

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

peps1154 wrote:I got to tell u guys that nike has cheap ass cleats. I just bought the pair ROnaldinho wears like a month ago, and u know I started practicing everyday now they are already ripped after 3 weeks. Thats 70 bucks gone straight to hell.
I have a pair of nikes from the 2002 world cup(that ronaldo wore) and after two years they still work very well for me. and some indoor soccer nikes that ive had for 2 years too. But they are starting to fall apart. the reason that i had them so long is that i bought them 2 sizes bigger

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

peps1154 wrote:I got to tell u guys that nike has cheap ass cleats. I just bought the pair ROnaldinho wears like a month ago, and u know I started practicing everyday now they are already ripped after 3 weeks. Thats 70 bucks gone straight to hell.
i doubt they were the exact same shoes ronaldinho wears if they were only $70. there's usually more than one version of the same shoe, but the higher end ones cost up around $150.
Hala Galacticos

peps1154
Veteran Member

They werent the same version but I meant they looked the same still they were 70$ and I expected more time out of them.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

yeah, i agree $70 shoes should last more than 3 weeks. i guess it depends on how much you play, and how you take care of them.
Hala Galacticos

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

cfrealmadrid wrote:
i doubt they were the exact same shoes ronaldinho wears if they were only $70. there's usually more than one version of the same shoe, but the higher end ones cost up around $150.
cuz the ones that cost like 200 bucks are made out of kangaroo leather

madridfc
Veteran Member

Barcafan44 wrote: I was wondering if anyone had any experiance with the new pumas, Puma King Exec i FG. But my friend said that Pumas are mainly for strikers, and i am a midfeilder/defender, so i wanted to see what you guys thought about the Pumas.
Thanks, sorry for the long post
don't worry about the position thing. just get what feels comfortable and what you think you will play best in. if you like lightweight cleats, make sure to get lightweight ones. or if you want more durable ones, then go for that. get what you like based on different factors, not just by what position they're supposed to be for
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

struggler
New User

Having never owned nike's and only worn a few of my friends' pairs I can't really talk about them, but I can talk about diadoras.

I just got the Totti pro rtx cleats and they're really good. Unparalleled comfort nice weight and quality leather. You really can't ask for more. For you, it might be a problem because the toebox is generally smaller than normal cleats and may be a problem for your wide foot. I'd suggest trying a pair if you can find them. If not, it may not be too bad a problem because with proper care you can mold/stretch the leather to your foot and the amazing comfort of the inner lining prevents blisters. hope this helps and good luck finding a nike alternative.

scene

hey have you tried the mercurial talarias or mercurial vapors, those are pretty good cleats. like i mean ive had em for like 8months and they look new to me and their really light and cool?