Is anybody else such a pussy ?

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
panchester07
Veteran Member

Is anybody else such a pussy ?

Post by panchester07 » 26 May 2011, 00:51

Haha- The title is to capture attention so you can answer my question fast lol -

All my life, I've needed a good month or more of serious training with new cleats to break them in properly and be able to play at my level -

I bought some orange f-50's in mid april, and i've been alternating them with my old cleats that very broken down, when i have important games, and practices i use my old cleats that are completely broken in how i like them, when i have physical practices and practices that don't rely so much on my touch i use my new f50's - since mid april to now, i've been wearing them like twice a week, and while they are much more broken in, they aren't completely moulded to my foot or broken in, and my game suffers, i can't wear my old cleats anymore because they have wholes in them, so i need to wear these f50's, and i had a big game on monday, and my feel was all over the place -

does this happen to anybody else? Needing a long while of atleast 3 weeks of serious training to be able to feel comfortable in new cleats, i really have no idea how pro's play with new cleats week in - week out, i'm so picky with how soft and moulded my cleats have to be because touch is the most important part of my game, and atleast 3 good weeks have to pass of training/games so i can totally be able to do the things i know how to do -

is any one else on here such a pussy? does anyone have some advise of how to break them in faster?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 26 May 2011, 00:59

Supposedly you can wear cleats in the shower and let them dry on your foot to break them in faster but I've never done it. However i do require a long time to break in most cleats, though each pair is different. Nike especially takes a long time to break in where i felt that addidas worked faster.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 26 May 2011, 02:44

i cant really relate to this because my touch is the same even if i take a boot right out of the box, breaking them in has never been important to me. However, panchester do you wear leather f50's? if not i would suggest them because obviously leather molds to the foot faster

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 26 May 2011, 06:27

However, panchester do you wear leather f50's? if not i would suggest them because obviously leather molds to the foot faster
^ This. If they're synthetic then they will never really seem to 'mould' to your foot as a true leather boot will.
i really have no idea how pro's play with new cleats week in - week out

Sponsored players have their boots crafted to their foots specifications, so they fit directly out of the box.
Supposedly you can wear cleats in the shower and let them dry on your foot to break them in faster but I've never done it.
I've heard this too. Also wearing them in warm water is suppose to help.

I'm not sure what you can do about your F50's really. Are you sure you've got the right size?
Everything you need, is already inside.

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 06 Jun 2011, 05:34

I know exactly what you're going through Panchester, I've had my Adizeros since start of April and 2-3 months on I'm STILL wearing them in at training etc. When I have an important game etc I'll go back to my old CTR360's.

In all honesty I think it's just a matter of time. I train 3 nights a week on the pitch and they are just now starting to feel comfortable on my foot. I've also noticed my touch and distribution suffers slightly due to the synthetic material not moulding dramatically (or as much as my old boots) but I'm starting to pick up my game with them on.

It's looking good considering I play Centre Midfield and my touch and distribution is the most critical part of my game! One thing for sure they're light as fu** and I feel like I can run all day in them. :)

I'm gonna' start saving for a K-Leather version of the f50's, I just feel more at home wearing kangaroo leather even if it wears out faster.

In regards to wearing them in more quickly I just wear them while I'm watching the footy (90 mins of sitting on a couch anyway :P) or even just doing fitness by myself in the park.

Hope this helps.

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 06 Jun 2011, 06:19

Alexio1092 wrote:I know exactly what you're going through Panchester, I've had my Adizeros since start of April and 2-3 months on I'm STILL wearing them in at training etc. When I have an important game etc I'll go back to my old CTR360's.

In all honesty I think it's just a matter of time. I train 3 nights a week on the pitch and they are just now starting to feel comfortable on my foot. I've also noticed my touch and distribution suffers slightly due to the synthetic material not moulding dramatically (or as much as my old boots) but I'm starting to pick up my game with them on.

It's looking good considering I play Centre Midfield and my touch and distribution is the most critical part of my game! One thing for sure they're light as fu** and I feel like I can run all day in them. :)

I'm gonna' start saving for a K-Leather version of the f50's, I just feel more at home wearing kangaroo leather even if it wears out faster.

In regards to wearing them in more quickly I just wear them while I'm watching the footy (90 mins of sitting on a couch anyway :P) or even just doing fitness by myself in the park.

Hope this helps.
I'm fairly sure that the F50 leather's are just regular full grain leather, and not Kangaroo leather.
Everything you need, is already inside.

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 06 Jun 2011, 14:23

desire10 wrote:
Alexio1092 wrote:I know exactly what you're going through Panchester, I've had my Adizeros since start of April and 2-3 months on I'm STILL wearing them in at training etc. When I have an important game etc I'll go back to my old CTR360's.

Hope this helps.
I'm fairly sure that the F50 leather's are just regular full grain leather, and not Kangaroo leather.
Cheers for clarification, although the idea still stands.

Can't wait to try them on. :)