Nike Mercurial Superfly III - the disgrace

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
desire10
Veteran Member

http://soccerequipmentreviews.com/2011/ ... erfly-iii/

230g, and no decent technology for the excess weight. I really would of thought that Nike were going to try and compete with the weight of the Prime's and blow them out of the water, obviously not.

Side not - this is a GREAT site for leaker images and boot news.
Everything you need, is already inside.

collin
Veteran Member

i have a feeling that Nike realizes they will never have the lightest boot again and i think they are just trying to maintain a boot that is durable and still nice but also light. I think the vapors are nicer then adizero because the adizero are to thin

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

desire10 wrote:http://soccerequipmentreviews.com/2011/ ... erfly-iii/

230g, and no decent technology for the excess weight. I really would of thought that Nike were going to try and compete with the weight of the Prime's and blow them out of the water, obviously not.

Side not - this is a GREAT site for leaker images and boot news.
There is only so much technology they can apply to a boot to make it lighter before it

1. Looses stability

2. Costs your soul

The Adizeros/Primes, are light as hell, but the stability, protection, and durability are bar none crap, in my opinion anyways. The Superflies have far more superior comfort, stability, and build. Only reason they are more expensive is because it's Nike. As for technology to make a boot lighter without sacrificing stability, your pretty much going to have to tap into NASA/USAF classified materials and patents.

Greenstar
Sophomore Member

What about Puma? I heard their new boot are the lightest boot in the world? Puma v1.10 sl

desire10
Veteran Member

Greenstar wrote:What about Puma? I heard their new boot are the lightest boot in the world? Puma v1.10 sl
They are very light, in the 100's of grams somewhere, but the AdiZero Primes are a bit lighter.

D10

collin wrote:i have a feeling that Nike realizes they will never have the lightest boot again and i think they are just trying to maintain a boot that is durable and still nice but also light. I think the vapors are nicer then adizero because the adizero are to thin
This point exactly. I have always worn Nike, with the exception of 6 months last year, I bought a pair of Adizero's. I loved them to start with however after 5 months, they were cracking across the top of the boot.

Secondly the touch you get from Vapor's and Superfly's is better than the Adizero, in my opinion. I have only ever had the synthetic pair.

desire10
Veteran Member

^ Yea true.

Also, the sense-stud things on the Superfly's look great and very responsive, never had a pair though.

I'm actually changing my mind about the new Superfly's. Sure, they're heavier than the AdiZero's (most people don't care/know anyway), but that extra weight is nothing compared to what they have actually done with the excess. I'm saying that the Superfly's have a lot better, more effective technology than the F50's.

bboowwyy
New User

Better, more effective technology?
You've been brainwashed by what seems a very effective advertising campaign by Nike.

desire10
Veteran Member

bboowwyy wrote:Better, more effective technology?
You've been brainwashed by what seems a very effective advertising campaign by Nike.
No, they got me too!