fg or sg

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
stephen8789

i am going to get cleats soon and i dont know weather to get firm ground or soft ground all of my games are played on turf and most of my practices are on really nice grass fields so which type would you recomend

nick117
Veteran Member

FG. honestly soft ground will kill you when you get onto turf.

stephen8789

but turf is soft so how would that be bad

nick117
Veteran Member

When is your turf ever soft. honestly I've played on soft turf maybe 2times the other 50 or so times I've played on it turf has always been tough. Plus soft ground works well on grass too unless it's a horrible field which you said it wasn't.

Met

Just buy two boots. Buy really good ones in the ones you think you will use the mostly in matches and buy cheap ones to get you through training and the odd game.

I personally use fg for every thing. (Astro turfs for astro turfs, if you know them). Unless I see mud in the areas where I'll be or it's quite obvious I keep slipping in crucial moments. You'll be surprise how much grip fg give. Just keep knocking grass/mud/ whatever off the boot whenever you have a break in play. Just most of the massive chunks will do.

Quite recently Premiership players have horrific injuries from innocuous challenges just because their sg boots get caught in the pitch and don't give in against the pitch so the ankle has to and snaps/sprains ligaments and/or breaks bones. Valenica has to be the latest example. When you use sg in really muddy pitches, it will give against the tackles' pressures so that's when I use them.

Hope I've helped,
Met