How to shrink my Copa Mundials?

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
Markly23
Sophomore Member

How to shrink my Copa Mundials?

Post by Markly23 » 20 Jul 2010, 02:26

I just got my pair of Copa Mundials, which are excellent, but I'd prefer them a bit tighter to my feet. Is it possible to shrink them? If so, can you post a feasible method of doing this? Thanks! They're kangaroo leather, by the way.

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Post by pickyourheadup » 20 Jul 2010, 02:36

I'm not entirely sure. I usually buy them a little small, and the kleather stretches to my foot.

You could try getting them wet with warm water and then leave them to dry.
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 21 Jul 2010, 17:25

Not really sure you can shrink them like you want. Maybe trying wearing a 2nd pair of socks??

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

avipbn

Post by avipbn » 21 Jul 2010, 17:33

Id suggest you google how to shrink clothes and start form there.

I think its soak them in warm or cold watter (unsure) then place them in the dryer (risk of damaging your cleats)

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 21 Jul 2010, 18:01

avipbn wrote:Id suggest you google how to shrink clothes and start form there.
BADDD idea. What works for cotton MIGHT work for leather and other materials, but it's not likely to, and will probably do more harm than good. Look at boot specific solutions.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 21 Jul 2010, 18:28

yeah, you either need to wear 2 socks to try to make them fit....or get a smaller size. Did you buy them to grow into them or has your foot stopped growing now?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 21 Jul 2010, 20:11

Never heard of a person shrinking them shoes. I've gotten cleats or turfs that are .5 size bigger and haven't had mayor problems with them except for shooting, with 1 shoe that was big as hell.. Though I do understand that it can be a pain in the ass not to feel the ball completely when executing skills.

The time they where the biggest I just had to buy new cleats. I don't think there is anything you could do to shrink them.

The water idea sounds a bit logical but I don't think it will work.

Your best bet right now is maybe buying some cheap cleats (40$-50$) untill you have money to buy some expensive ones again. Say goodbye to the copa's. If I learnt one thing after playing so long is that its not the cleat its the player. Get a cleat that fits your foot properly, so if you bought Copa's then predators, tiempo's, or similar cleats of this type will be the best, but its not the cleat man. I've played with 40$ cleats great and with 200$ great. Once they are broken in properly, you'll perform well in whatever. Its how much you train that makes the difference not the cleat.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Markly23
Sophomore Member

Post by Markly23 » 23 Jul 2010, 23:35

Panchester, I agree with what you're saying that it isn't the boot, but the player. But I didn't buy these expecting better performance, I bought them because I read many reviews which said they were extremely comfortable. My only complaint with the vapors I always used is that they weren't too comfortable.

I did some more reading and advice from here and decided to just try soaking them in water and see what it did. (Couldn't return them as I had already played with them). The soaking certainly helped with the width, they fit me perfectly that way, but there was still too much room at the toe. This really irritates me when I shoot, but no matter if I soak them again, I can't make them shorter.

Oh well, I have another few months to a year in these vapors I have now, and then I can wear the Copas for awhile, not so bad. :P

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 24 Jul 2010, 00:00

Soaking the shoe helps the kangaroo leather form to your foot, so like you've figured out it won't help with length. You should usually get shoes a little small when you go for kangaroo leather (unless you're still growing) so when you soak it the shoe forms to your foot for a perfect fit.

Pikey
New User

Post by Pikey » 26 Jul 2010, 15:34

put on your match day socks.
Tie the boots as you would for a game.
Get 2 bin bags - you know black garbage bags for U.S readers.
Put each foot inside a bin bag, wrap the boot around the foot - I secure with tape, around the upper ankle/ lower shin.
get a bucket/bath tub (bath yub is better as you can do them at the same time.
Boil some water, fill bucket or bath.
top up with cold water so you dont scold your feet - the water needs to be hot - as hot as possible.
Soak your feet in the boots for as long as the water takes to cool.
rip off bin bags
untie boots - towel excess water off - use an old towel.
use natural dubbing WHILE the boots are wet - not soaking as you should of towelled them off!
put 2 sheets of newspaper in each boot. Do not stuff the boot, as that will stretch the leather. 2 sheets should just absorb moisture from the insoles.
allow to dry naturally, away from sunlight.
if fit is still not as desired - repeat.
we are talking a good half size difference here though. The length of the sole really determines the outcome. For example, if your boot is 1 whole size to big, the length of the plastic sole will not shrink.

I used to do this at OM, so I know it works.

jambosafc
New User

Re: How to shrink my Copa Mundials?

Post by jambosafc » 04 Nov 2014, 23:22

Do you put the bin bags around the boots or around the sock then boot on top of bin bag/garbage bag?