adiZero F50

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
Rummandinho

Okay, did Adidas just h4x something and sh*t?

165 Grams for Size 8.5 That's like making the Superflies suicide.
Also, have you noticed that it costs less ? :o

the soleplate is apparently a millimeter thick :|

I might get the f10 edition :P

soubido007

ya i think adidas beat nike this time round on the speed boot. for some reason, the white kinda old skol looking soleplate turns me on......might have a look when my local store gets them

nick117
Veteran Member

the best part for me other than the weight is obviously the price addidas just made a boot for roughly $100 that's lighter than the superfly's by far.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

At that weight your sacrificing stability for weight.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Indeed. I'd rather have a nice firm boot that's light, but not too light. I'm not a swimmer or a runner looking to shave off hundredths of a second. I just want something that I'm comfortable in, and that I know will hold up to the rigors of game time.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Zlatan5 wrote:At that weight your sacrificing stability for weight.
\

From what most testers say, it's a wider fit so it feels a little more stable that most other boots....but the protection is something to consider. I'm looking I don't get stamped a lot, but I'd hate to take one in something that light and thin. To a certain degree, a hard tackle will hurt you in any boot, but at 5.8 ounces...there's not a ton of material holding them together. I kinda prefer an around 10-ounce boot so it still has a little weight behind the ball. The CTR360 is perfect for me as far as fit, feel, weight, etc. but I'd wait to see how the AdiZero hold up in the months to come. I wouldn't want them to become the SuperFly I's all over again and the soleplate starts to break or separate after very little playing time.

Rummandinho

so what about the f30s and f10s? I mean, if pro-level players are wearing it, it's sure to have enough protection, right?

SCHUMMY
Sophomore Member

Protection from getting stomped on? Maybe the only boots that can do that would be the concaves or those V Kons. The heel counter on them is not as stiff as a Mercurial SL or SF but the spine from the heel along the midfoot is good. The upper is as thin as the F50.8/9 toe box area which has proved durable over time so nothing to really worry about.

Kasaki
Veteran Member

sick! collection wanna gift me those superfly II's lol

SCHUMMY
Sophomore Member

Not my boots, just had a good look at them when they got to a friends house. The Laser & SuperFlyII are not authentic though. Only the AdiZeros & the CTR360 Elite were authentic.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

SCHUMMY wrote:Not my boots, just had a good look at them when they got to a friends house. The Laser & SuperFlyII are not authentic though. Only the AdiZeros & the CTR360 Elite were authentic.
I was going to say something about the lasers....the stitching around the toe looks really heavy, even though that colourway is coming out fairly soon. Why did you think they were fake?

SCHUMMY
Sophomore Member

The heel counter felt somewhat disconnected to the sole plate,the insole wasnt correct,underneath the insole was the wrong type of material,no padding on the tongue, it was a size 8.5US but was as snug as my 7.5US Laser 3K(they run .5US too long) & kinda wide since the 3s are suppose to be narrower but then again the size was different so not sure on that. The Adaptive Shotshield was very close to the real thing except the material is much harder. Come to think of it, with all the fakes I have seen the very first thing that I notice is that they have really wide & fat laces.
Last edited by SCHUMMY on 30 May 2010, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

haha...much be some eBay specials from China. I trust Carlty's Soccer Palace on eBay for pre-release boots...but that's about it.

SCHUMMY
Sophomore Member

Yes, that guy gets his stuff from a seller in China. Yes Carltry is always authentic & also Soccer goods warehouse then there is FootyFirst & kakaac7777.

Rummandinho

I opted for Predators. Protection and swerve. :\