When is the best time of the year to buy new cleats?

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
foodsample

When is the best time of the year to buy new cleats? I am currently rocking some Predator X's, but am thinking of going with some Total90's this upcoming season. I was wondering what time you guys think is the best to buy cleats? I was hoping that I could train over the summer with my predators, and then at the end of the summer the Laser III's would be on sale, and I'd pick a pair up when club season starts. But any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
"Y lo uvieras pegado al uno o dos que te salian?"
"O la hubiese tirado a la mierda, como lo hago siempre"

Mascherano ftw!

"Focus on the effort, not the results.. then results will come"

Live by it

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

when your current cleats break.

I've never used any of those cleats you've mentioned. I stick with Copa Mundials, they never steer me wrong.
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

nick117
Veteran Member

pay attention to soccer.com when new styles come out the old styles drop by a ton and watch their sale page sometimes you get 50+ off.

foodsample

Yea thats what I was steering towards, was when do new style usually come out? I was just curious is anyone had any knowledge as to when new styles usually come out, or if it depends on the manufacturer, not seasonal.
"Y lo uvieras pegado al uno o dos que te salian?"
"O la hubiese tirado a la mierda, como lo hago siempre"

Mascherano ftw!

"Focus on the effort, not the results.. then results will come"

Live by it

Juice

Agree, look at upcoming models and so on.. But if you are referring to when during the year, I would recommend you to buy new cleats when the off season starts because you dont play that much, so you can slowly get used to the cleats. Also, if you dont like them i guess you could change them because there will probably no become so worn out. :)

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.