for anyone who has the adidas predator x's

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
espana_27

ive got my first outdoor tournament coming up next weekend out of state and a lot of college coaches are gonna be there

naturally i just bought cleats; im waiting to get vapor vi's until after the WC because they always release the best colors right before the high school season/end of summer

i ordered a pair of predator x and they should be there by tuesday

besides practicing in them, what is the best way to break them in?

thanks for anyone who helps me out

soccer11
Admin

I find that walking around in them around the house does a pretty good job of breaking them in. It'll make your feet used to them.

espana_27

have you gotten blisters? i had powerswerves and those never gave me a single blister, miraculously enough. i have a big tournament coming up so im hoping they wont. would you suggest that i soak them in hot water for 30 min and then let them dry on my feet and after that put a thin layer of leather food on them? or is this not necessary

Kasaki
Veteran Member

NO never soak leather, just apply leather food (little) and wear em, try to get outside with them get used to them cause u wanna impress

panchester07
Veteran Member

espana_27 wrote:have you gotten blisters? i had powerswerves and those never gave me a single blister, miraculously enough. i have a big tournament coming up so im hoping they wont. would you suggest that i soak them in hot water for 30 min and then let them dry on my feet and after that put a thin layer of leather food on them? or is this not necessary
Not to make you worry or anything, but the break-in process usually lasts 2 weeks for me.. It starts around day 2-3, and fully break in, in about 2 weeks.. But maybe thats just me.. Oh yeah, and when I lived in USA (less humidity-heat) it took me about 3-4 weeks.. Here in Panama the humidity and high temperature help the break in process and foot adjustment process.

Anyway bro, practice a lot with them, wear them as much as possible, and if you don't care if they get a tad stinky then where them without socks, as your feet sweats more and it gets softer that way - gross I know, but its what I've had to do at times...The water part I've done, and it makes the boot softer in the moment, but I dont know if it does so long term... Anyway, it wont do you any harm so give it a try.. Just train with them, and wear them as much as possible..

Here is something Kakagotskillz wrote that helped me break my shoes in
Kakasgotskillz wrote:
Wear them around the house. Here's a simple but probably effective plan:

First 2 Days: Walk around and just sit around with the shoes on. Lightly push on the leather/material on your cleat every now and then to soften the material.
3th-5th Day: Just jog around an enclosed area in your house. Start walking around on your toes.
5th-7th Day: Get a small ball, slowly dribble around the house. If there's uncomfortable part to the dribbling, or you just don't "feel" the ball through the cleat, revert back to step two.
8th-10th Day: Go outside, on the grass, just lightly pass around with both feet. Try to pass with different parts of it.
11th-Whenever Day: Go to a wall, just drive at it. Do some curlers, some drives, volleys, lofted balls, w/e.

If there's any problems between the 3rd step to the 5th step, revert back to the second step. Don't forget to clean your cleats if that happens
and heres the entire thread just in case:
viewtopic.php?t=11593

EDIT: In your case though, you don't have 11 days so I would do it quicker.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

espana_27

sounds good thanks a lot. have adidas finally found a way to make it so that when their cleats get wet they dont smell like death?

i had the powerswerves and currently have the f50is as a 2nd pair of cleats and i wore both in the rain once or twice and that was enough to make them smell as if they were used to clean a toilet. with the f50is especially i was disappointed; adidas said they fixed it with a "new material". for some reason my vapors and legends never smelled as bad as my adidas cleats; have they finally fixed this prob?

espana_27

today in my game i wore my predator x's and idk if theyre really broken in yet. currently im sitting in the bathtub with them in the water and my computer on my lap.. but this morning my feet were hurting because they were so stiff

foodsample

I just wore mine without the insoles, until they started to loosen up, then towards the end of every practice I'd keep trying to put the insoles in and wear em. It took me a couple months for them to get completely broken in, but I played without insoles for a while, until they started feeling to loose.
"Y lo uvieras pegado al uno o dos que te salian?"
"O la hubiese tirado a la mierda, como lo hago siempre"

Mascherano ftw!

"Focus on the effort, not the results.. then results will come"

Live by it

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

espana_27 wrote:today in my game i wore my predator x's and idk if theyre really broken in yet. currently im sitting in the bathtub with them in the water and my computer on my lap.. but this morning my feet were hurting because they were so stiff
This is probably the smartest thing I've ever heard of anyone doing. Ever.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Rome_Leader wrote:
espana_27 wrote:today in my game i wore my predator x's and idk if theyre really broken in yet. currently im sitting in the bathtub with them in the water and my computer on my lap.. but this morning my feet were hurting because they were so stiff
haha why don't you take a blower as well?¿

JK the bathtub idea is quite good, and despite what some people say it actually works, but the laptop .. Risky business.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

espana_27

it workssssss. try it.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Rome_Leader wrote:
Well I'm currently in the shower and its going quite well (anyone who tries this do not use shampoo) and... wait... give me 2 minutes I have to go get some toast in the bath

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

NBP wins. I can see to compete with these guys, I'm going to need to play some COD in the hot tub, while eating potato chips.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

I brought a hair dryer into the tub with me before while playing COD and it was the most electrifying experience of my life....never again

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Croatianblood1 wrote:I brought a hair dryer into the tub with me before while playing COD and it was the most electrifying experience of my life....never again
I replaced the plug-hole in my bath with a plug

My hair looks pretty funky although