Nike Mercurial Blade Shinpads

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Nike Mercurial Blade Shinpads

Post by Alexio1092 » 29 Oct 2009, 15:21

Currently I am using T90 Laser shinpads which pretty much cover a good half of my lower-leg (inconveniently on occasion). Image below:

Considering as we move into Futsal/Off-Season here in Australia, our kit currently utilizes socks that are alot thinner and tighter to the lower-limb (new Adidas Kit 'Compression Socks'), I've been tossing up the genuine validity of the below shin-pads and such.

I'd love for a 'slimmer' smaller version of shinpads of these sorts based on the above - I've seen them alot in A-League/EPL matches as players warm-up wearing these, or they simply roll down their socks and slip on the shinpad itself (held in place regularly by another compression sock underneath usually) - the hassle of strapping and taping etc is just a nuisance, and in the past has led to circulation issues (cramp!).

If anyone could disclose the nature of these pads if they're really worth the 100 USD price-tag etc - or has any information regarding them (via personal experience or whatnot) please hit us back with a reply.

Also, anyone seen those Adidas "K-Leather" shin pads with sleeves built-in? I'd love a comfort of sorts with the pads as I've played futsal locally for so long with no pads, moving to a larger city with regulations as such they're now required, and I hate playing with them on! ;)

Uniteddude99
New User

Post by Uniteddude99 » 06 Mar 2010, 13:04

where can you buy nike mercurial blade very very cheap and in kids size???

Pikey
New User

Re: Nike Mercurial Blade Shinpads

Post by Pikey » 08 Jun 2010, 13:50

Alexio1092 wrote:Currently I am using T90 Laser shinpads which pretty much cover a good half of my lower-leg (inconveniently on occasion). Image below:

Considering as we move into Futsal/Off-Season here in Australia, our kit currently utilizes socks that are alot thinner and tighter to the lower-limb (new Adidas Kit 'Compression Socks'), I've been tossing up the genuine validity of the below shin-pads and such.

I'd love for a 'slimmer' smaller version of shinpads of these sorts based on the above - I've seen them alot in A-League/EPL matches as players warm-up wearing these, or they simply roll down their socks and slip on the shinpad itself (held in place regularly by another compression sock underneath usually) - the hassle of strapping and taping etc is just a nuisance, and in the past has led to circulation issues (cramp!).

If anyone could disclose the nature of these pads if they're really worth the 100 USD price-tag etc - or has any information regarding them (via personal experience or whatnot) please hit us back with a reply.

Also, anyone seen those Adidas "K-Leather" shin pads with sleeves built-in? I'd love a comfort of sorts with the pads as I've played futsal locally for so long with no pads, moving to a larger city with regulations as such they're now required, and I hate playing with them on! ;)
Hi, this is my second post so i'm trying to catch up. Sorry if you have already bought the pads, or had your questions answered elsewhere. I have the Mercurial Blade shinpads. I have had them for 9 or 10 months and I wear them at least 3 times a week (training and games). They are so light it's unreal, they offer great protection, mine still look new. My only complaint is that the sleeves are a little small. I used to have the T90 EXP mouldable shinpads in a medium size - they were great, until one snapped in a tackle, but the mercurial blades are also a medium, and they are slightly smaller and narrower! The pockets were to small for me (i'm 6 foot, and have big calfs) so I use the sleeve from my T90 EXP pads.

They are perfect apart from my error in not finding out the size!!!