Predator X

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
acmilan94

Predator X

Post by acmilan94 » 28 Oct 2009, 03:36

--
"There's someone out there practicing right now, and if you face him, he will win."

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 28 Oct 2009, 06:33

As a predator junkie, I'm slightly unconvinced. In my opinion, it looks like a cross between a a running shoe and an adipure. I always preferred predators partly because of the lace cover (which these seem to have omitted) but I guess they'll grow on me in time... Assuming some new colour schemes come out that is! (Never been a fan of yellow boots, not entirely sure why... :P)
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

james_torres9

predator x

Post by james_torres9 » 28 Oct 2009, 06:58

never really liked it at all, took away the components of a true predator, the tongue being the main thing. they do look slightly better in the prodirect pictures and other sites because they looked terrible in first photos. i would never buy them anyway, havent had predators in 3 years and dont look like going back, i like lasers better than preds but the iii's dont look great, but i love vapors and looks like ill be sticking with them for a while :D
sig by messi14

Giggsy11

Post by Giggsy11 » 28 Oct 2009, 15:13

CALF LEATHER!!!! are u freaking kidding me. Why would they not put k-leather on them?! if they put the same leather they that use on the first adipures on those then id get'em (cuz the looks are growing on me). but calf leather doesnt stretch half as well as k-leather. although, i had a pair of 7406s a long time ago and i used this conditioner that came with them and they got softer than any kangaroo leather shoe, but still, its thicker, heavier, and doesnt mold to ur foot. adidas is disappointing me. they need to make a completely new line of shoes, like what nike did with the meastri, because adipures, predators, and tunits are getting old. which is sad to say cuz i love adidas, but they just arent delivering.
The secret to being succesful is to be ready for opportunity when it comes.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 28 Oct 2009, 18:29

Yeah, I agree with the gripes so far! Where's my bloody lace cover?! That's one of the biggest selling points to me for the Predator above other Adidas shoes. Plus, they could do with a higher quality leather. The colour is sexy, though. I just hope they feel as comfortable as previous versions, and are hopefully more durable. Can't say for sure without a test, though.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

acmilan94

Post by acmilan94 » 28 Oct 2009, 23:39

Here's a test review i found: http://www.footy-boots.com/predator-x-f ... test-8110/
i guess they are comfortable, but i agree with everyone why not k-leather.
--
"There's someone out there practicing right now, and if you face him, he will win."

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 29 Oct 2009, 13:48

They look more something along the lines of Asics boots now - and they feel comfortable but not exactly "barefoot-esque" as the advertising makes it out to be. Not entirely sure with all these new boot-ranges coming back (seems a bit of mix and match at the best of times), the V1.10's look plasticy/tacky and if the new models for the Laser III's are anything to go buy, I might end up going through bargain websites for older models for my beloved V1.08's!

The CTR 360 boots look alright - anyone tried them on? For mine it's a toss-up with the new Predators and the CTR's. Last Predators I purchased were fine as running around for a kickabout, but the leather crumpled too easily and the boots really lacked that "X" factor (ironic with the new pair?) that the Pumas and Vapors housed previously. The whole "curve plus" thing never did it for me - I like them moulded and tight as possible to my foot.

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 29 Oct 2009, 17:13

well the first predator boot didnt have a lace cover. Plus I'm sick of the band ripping and having to fix it. I think these look awesome, and no more having to deal with that lace cover.

calf leather, kangaroo leather, its not that big of a difference. It isnt going to affect your game that much so who cares.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 29 Oct 2009, 23:20

I've heard of others breaking the band a lot, but seriously, it was never a problem for me. I even had to use the band for three games stretched beyond capacity to hold my sole in place, since it came unglued and was flopping around. :P

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 30 Oct 2009, 06:29

A couple of seasons ago I was playing and some FAT person on the other team stepped on my foot as I was sprinting and fully ripped the band. I was NOT happy :evil:

... Wish you were better

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 30 Oct 2009, 10:28

LiveTheDream wrote:A couple of seasons ago I was playing and some FAT person on the other team stepped on my foot as I was sprinting and fully ripped the band. I was NOT happy :evil:
Ya same thing happened to me, a kid with metals got his cleat caught in the band and it snapped.....

But I think that's the only way the band can snap......
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 01 Nov 2009, 04:41

MUFC1994 wrote:
LiveTheDream wrote:A couple of seasons ago I was playing and some FAT person on the other team stepped on my foot as I was sprinting and fully ripped the band. I was NOT happy :evil:
Ya same thing happened to me, a kid with metals got his cleat caught in the band and it snapped.....

But I think that's the only way the band can snap......
True, although I have noticed that they wear down with time/heaps of use...

... Wish you were better