Boot Choice

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
snell
New User

Im thinking of getting some new boots today, they have to be FG.

So im thinking -
Nike Mercurial V Talaria or Steams
Adidas F30
Puma V1.08
Nike Mercurial IV
Adidas F50.8's or F50.9's

I generally play midfield, more attacking. Like to try get some shots from about 20 yards. Also long passing is a part of my game i like to use alot. Im also trying to improve on my dribbling and foot speed so i can take players on.

Cheers

james_torres9

get vapor iv they're a very good boot, would probably still be better than talaria v's apart from getting blisters at first but once your through them they're great
sig by messi14

snell
New User

i got some iv like you said. But they only had sg one's. I play the majority of my football on 3g pitches so i've bought some rubber studs for them, do you think they should be fine?

avipbn

You should think about AdiPure II's.

Vinz
Sophomore Member

Predators!

snell
New User

I got some Adipures but took them back, i just couldnt play in them. They made my feet feel heavy and a bit clumsy.

Do you think the SG boots with Rubber studs in will be ok on 3G pitches?

lawdavid36
New User

it will really depend on your budget in the end.

i will recommand the Mercurial IVs. As Mercurial Vs are released, the IVs should be cheaper now, They have a good touch, feel and are comfortable once broken into.

But, the IVs wouldn't last you long if you play regularly, the stud have a tendency to tear away from the boot, especially the forefoot studs.

I can't say anything about the Puma, never try them before.

If u wanna get the TUNiTs, i suggest u get the F30s. I used to have F50.6 and .7. not the most comfortable boot and i tend to lose studs.

dribbling and foot speed has nothing to do with boots, you can run just as fast in any boots, it's a mind thing, haha....

happy boot-hunting =D