How Professional Boots are Made

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
flyhigh19
Veteran Member

I discovered this video on youtube since I'm a subscriber of the Nike soccer account on youtube. It's a really cool video, it shows the process of how they make pro boots with the examples being Cristiano Ronaldo, Fabregas, and Rooney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRYuCKHwGWI

NewBornProdigy
Admin

I love at the end when ronaldo says "these are my new booOOTS, I hope I score alot of goals".... it gave me a giggle :D

Thats a sweet video man, I wonder is that how all boots are made? (well mabye not so attention to detail specific but the general method) and its pretty cool how ronaldo scribble things on the vapor III... 1cm higher, to much pressure here

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

If those are how my NikeiD's were made, I might just frame them out of respect :shock: .

neoExodus

The video has been removed...

dream_on_go_pro

ya its been removed the same thing appeared for me it said its been removed by the user

tekron20
New User

I'm pretty sure this is the same video you were talking about, for anybody who wants to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IL0xFphT5BU

zcm12

NewBornProdigy wrote:I love at the end when ronaldo says "these are my new booOOTS, I hope I score alot of goals".... it gave me a giggle :D
Ronaldo doesn't say that. It is Fabregas. Yeah thanks for posting the link to the video!

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

so are all nike boots like legends, vapors and lasers made handmade (like in this vid...) or are they mass produced on some kinda assembly line?? or is this the only way they are made?? im a bit confused :?

cool vid though, made me appreciate my pair of legends even more..........
sig by 2brown347

dudeman

thats the way the custom fit pro boots are made.

lirolx

very cool, too bad we can't all have custom boots

neoExodus

All boots are hand made, machines just help assembling them.
The only part that we don't get from them are the molded foots that they have from the player and the specifications that you saw on the mercurial (more support, 1cm higher on the heel part), we get them by the worldwide mold and we have no privileges about what/where we want help.
Besides its already worldwide known that nike has thousands of kids and women in china making this work for barely no salary, how do you think they can make boots every 2 months with the current state of economy, and by the law, you would get boots from 12 months to 12 months.

lirolx

that is the most important part though...

still pretty cool