Practice vs. Game cleats

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
MUFC1994
Veteran Member

i have a pair of red predator powerswerves (200$) and i love them.....ive been using my old pair of cleats, (laser 1s) as practice cleats but have outgrown them. SO i need a new pair of practice cleats, im looking at the berry talarias or the Absolion predator powerswerves. These are both like 90$ cleats andi was wondering do you think practicing with a totally different cleat like the talarias would mess me up because the preds are my game cleat???? If you think the talarias will mess me up then ill just get the absolions....Plz help

P.S. are the sizes on PDS "Uk" or "US"??/
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

NewBornProdigy
Admin

yeah I do the same thing with a pair of Vapor III's (white and gold as game cleats) and Veloci's (orange and purple as training)
but I doubt the talaria's would majorly mess you up
but $90 is alot to risk... so if you have never wore vapors before i would get the preds
but on the other hand I really doubt they would make any significant difference

the sizes are in both US and UK

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

ya 90$ is a lot just to throw away... so tonite im gunna go to a soccer store and try on talarias see if my foot even fits into them.....also, why is PDS so much cheaper than soccer.com???
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

OJ9

I have 3 pairs of boots;
FG Legend 1 (prac) (FG)
FG Legend 2 (game) (FG)
Laser 1 (SG, both)

I'm buying a new pair of boots for game in SG, Preds or Laser 2 probably unless they start releasing nice SG Vapors or something!

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Lol, I take it your parents are buying them :D

yeah go try on the talaria's, if they feel good get em, I'm thinking of getting the pink talaria's instead of marina and volt veloci's

I know that PDS are sponsored and get all their centre built into the big companies (so basically, nike deliver boots through prodirect) soccer.com probably buys them off the companies and thus has to up the price (just a guess)

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

i just got to say..what the sh*t NBP,u not even popular and already u got someone using your quotes in their sig.... 8)
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

NewBornProdigy
Admin

dude is that a compliment or a dig? :D

but your sig is sweet

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

i tried on the vapor 4's the sl's and the talarias..... suprisingly i thought the talarias were much more comfortable and easier to get into than the vapors...the sl's took about 5 minutes of struggling to get on, but once they were on my feet they felt amazing it felt like another skin....

but i think im gunna get the talarias because i dont have 300$'s on hand.... :? :cry:

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

PDS is a uk website just to let you know. The prices are in pounds,not dollars. It would cost you a lot once you convert to dollars and shipping.

If you live in the us go with a us site like soccer.com or worldsoccershop.com. It's not cheaper on pds,there different currencies.

ivanjm422

arsenalfc08 wrote:PDS is a uk website just to let you know. The prices are in pounds,not dollars. It would cost you a lot once you convert to dollars and shipping.

If you live in the us go with a us site like soccer.com or worldsoccershop.com. It's not cheaper on pds,there different currencies.
actually i just bought berry vapors off pds and the total was $170
which is a great price considering how much vapors cost on soccer.com

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

ivanjm422 wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote:PDS is a uk website just to let you know. The prices are in pounds,not dollars. It would cost you a lot once you convert to dollars and shipping.

Really? That includes shipping to the us? I guess the dollar has improved.

ivanjm422

arsenalfc08 wrote:
ivanjm422 wrote:

yep
shipping and everything. :D

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

ivanjm422 wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote:
ivanjm422 wrote: actually i just bought berry vapors off pds and the total was $170
yep
shipping and everything. :D
wow good deal. I'll have to look at that site in the future

dudeman

yeh PDS is great. it is cheaper on PDS, look at the top right corner of PDS, you can switch it to $. and its cheaper because us here in the US dont have to pay the VAT tax, and thats usually 30-50 dollars.