Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

Hey guys just wondering how do you wash your team/club kit

from,the

Jersey?

Shorts?

Socks?

1.)I'd like step by step instructions please from A. to B.

So far id looked on Wiki how and this is what i got

http://www.ehow.com/how_4996_care-soccer-jerseys.htm
Right after the game, fill the washer with cold water, laundry detergent and 1/2 cup baking soda, put all jerseys, inside out, into washing machine and set for longest cycle with pre-soak and extra rinse option. Use cold water only.
Hang to dry, if it's nice and warm out, let the sun do the drying, but don't put in direct sunlight since the sun will fade the colors.
But What about my socks and shorts??? and how do i know if i can trust this advice? i love my kit!
Practice and drive are all you need, You will become good, if not great, and then, if you wish to go further, the opportunities will come to you - Rome_Leader

BuzzingBee's at it again

John_Bob
Veteran Member

Right after the game, fill the washer with cold water, laundry detergent and 1/2 cup baking soda, put all jerseys, inside out, into washing machine and set for longest cycle with pre-soak and extra rinse option. Use cold water only.
Hang to dry, if it's nice and warm out, let the sun do the drying, but don't put in direct sunlight since the sun will fade the colors.
I asked my mom and that is how she washes my kit. Also you might want to look at the tags because they might have some instructions on how to wash them.

MiKeOnE29

you want us to tell you how to do your washing? Just give it to your mum and put it in with everything else

BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

MiKeOnE29 wrote:you want us to tell you how to do your washing? Just give it to your mum and put it in with everything else
yeah that was a really useful post :roll:
Practice and drive are all you need, You will become good, if not great, and then, if you wish to go further, the opportunities will come to you - Rome_Leader

BuzzingBee's at it again

messi19
Veteran Member

BuzzingBee wrote:
MiKeOnE29 wrote:you want us to tell you how to do your washing? Just give it to your mum and put it in with everything else
Well to be fair, thats all you have to do lol.
Or you can just put it in the washing machine yourself!
There's no special way to wash your football kit. Just chuck it in the washing machine! :wink:

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

messi19 wrote:
BuzzingBee wrote:
Well to be fair, thats all you have to do lol.
Or you can just put it in the washing machine yourself!
There's no special way to wash your football kit. Just chuck it in the washing machine! :wink:

and that was really helpful..so your sure my numbers not gonna get messed up and the colors are not going to fade..i don't trust anyone with my beloved kit,not even me mum

BuzzingBee's at it again

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

If you're worried about your numbers just put the jersey inside out and wash. Other than that just huck it in the washing machine. Socks, shorts, shirt, all in the wash for me. :P

Shinguards though...not quite.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

dhs

if ur nervous abut fading put it inside out on th elongest cycle with cold water

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

step by step, well here goes :D

jersey - i would suggest a washing machine

shorts - yet again... washing machine

socks - funnily enough washing machine

you'll have to take my word for it but its not rocket science :wink:

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

soccer_after_death
Veteran Member

well usually on the label it should what kind of wash u need to put it in... Just follow it :D. And if ur worried about other colours getting on it, wash it separately... And what's this kit u love so much.... Can u post some personal pics.??:D
and LOL rzad I putmy shinguards in once... I was in a hurry :D

BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

And what's this kit u love so much.... Can u post some personal pics.??
One, No
and LOL rzad I putmy shinguards in once... I was in a hurry
Two,Haha, I wonder how your shinguard's turned out after that?

BuzzingBee's at it again