Difference b/w types of Boots

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
Kanishk

Can anyone please send me pictures that show the difference b/w the boot box of a defender boot and an attacker boot....
I have heard that def boots have a larger boot box i.e front part of the boot that doesn't support chipping the ball. Is that true....? I guess so. Could anyone please send me the pics?

Thanks!

MiKeOnE29

boots like the vapors are more suited to attacking players while predators are more suited to defenders/midfielders

Kanishk

Thanks....but...I wann closely show the elevation of the boot front....can I have a close pic please?

machoman10
New User

doubt there are boots specifically made for defenders/strikers but usually people go with which ones are more comfortable, others because their favorite players wear, them or other reasons.

i play and have played all positions on the pitch, and whenever i was a defender, i usually wore boots that nike define as accuracy boots, such as the total 90s, because they are more comfortable and have extra padding, so id say those are good for defenders, because they tend to slide tackle often and

right now im a striker, i always play with my nike steams ii or my tunits f50.7 because i find them quite fierce actually :P you are probably going to take me as a fool, but whenever i play with tunits and the steams ii, they kind of give me that extra confidence/motivation, i would say they are good for strikers, because they dont have a lot of padding thus making a strike be filled with power and making hard for the keeper to cope with, but that depends on the players ability and strength of his or her kick, but for me, the tunits and steams have worked well for me, because when i kick the ball, it seems like a bullet because there is less padding in them and more power put into the hit.

hope this helped, sorry for the long post.

Kanishk

I agree with yah but there are boots, like you said extra padded ones for defense and less padded ones for strike, also, strikes generally have lesser boot box for to ease chipping.

PiotrekDGT
New User

Hi guys!
Could you help me with my selection?
I'm a defender and i need some durable and comfortable boot for me.
I thought esp. after;
Nike Total 90 Laser II
Adidas F50

"Tunit" option would be really cool, couse I dont have enough cash to buy FG and SG boots separately, but Lasers has also many fatures that would make def. life easier.

So, what would you recommend?
May be any different boot but must be durable. :wink:
Thanks for help... :)

MiKeOnE29

a defender would be boots like the adipures, the world cups or the legends. Generally you'd want to be avoiding the real lightweight boots like the vapors if you can help it because they wont give you and protection

PiotrekDGT
New User

MiKeOnE29 wrote:a defender would be boots like the adipures, the world cups or the legends. Generally you'd want to be avoiding the real lightweight boots like the vapors if you can help it because they wont give you and protection
Thanks MiKeOnE29. :)
I am personally afraid of leather shoes like adipures, etc.
Now I am using T90III for about four seasons (cheaper version), and i quite like them. Maybe they aren't as soft as leather shoes, but they passed test very well for me...
Aren't T90 created especially for defence?

MiKeOnE29

maybe i'm not sure. If you still unsure just look at picture of players while they're playing. You'll see which boots are favoured by defenders

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

mike one 29 does not no what hes talking about....adipures and legends are more for a mid/foward because they provide great touch. Defender/mid boots are total 90 lasers/ preds. but no boot is gunna make u kick that much harder get what feels comfortable if u like nike and the total 90 then get the lasers. Also if ur "scared or leather".....? then get the synthtic lasers or the DB preds... but kangaroo lether provides a better touch

PiotrekDGT
New User

Thanks alot MUFC1994 :D
I'll probably get Lasers, but is there any difference between "normal" Preds Powerswerves and David Beckham edition (you talked about them- don't you). Normal are from k-leather as i know... :roll:

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

the normal ones are K-leather which is more comfortable and has a better touch the DB microfiber one are better for wet situation are less comfortable but last longer. u shuldnt be scared of leather thr are ways to take care of it thrs a thread about how to take care of different materials on EF somewhere. i own a pair of the laser 1's and a pair of the 90$ preds theyre both great cleats.

P.S. if u have a nike out let near u id go and check it out cuz i got my laser 1's (real) for 70$ !!!! they only sell the blck and red k leather ones but thres not a big difference between the laser 1's and 2's

good luck and post them on here when u get em :D

PiotrekDGT
New User

Can I order them from this shop if I live in EU?
If so, what is the cost of shipment... :wink:

P.S.; In Poland where i live Lasers after discount cost more than brand new powerswerves in US...
:roll: Anyway thanks for idea MUFC1994... :)

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

1st- yes soccer.com shipps everywhere they are based in North Carolina (in the usa). i dont know the what the shipping prices are but they have american prices and 1 euro is worth alot in american money since our economy suks. also, i am not sure of shipping charges and they'll probably take a good amout or time to get thr.

2nd: if u decide on lets say the laser 2's synthetic if i were u i wuldnt choose ur favorite color i wuld chose the one tht matches ur team kit.

3rd: if u get k-leather or even synthetic and the boots rip anywhere call the nike customer service and theyll send u a new pair of the same cleats for free