More Vapor Troubles

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Hey, everyone.

I bought the old obsidian/white Mercurial Vapor colorway for $100 at a Nike Outlet store almost three months ago. Now, I've looked into all the difficulties people have faced with the shoes, focusing mainly on the blister part because my feet are normal sized, not narrow. Unfortunately, for three whole months my feet have gotten horrible blisters, i let them heal, and then the next time i wear the shoes i get the same exact blisters, only worse. Now at my most recent tournament i tried wearing the vapors again, only to my dissapointment when the skin on both sides of both feet was rubbed away from the heal cup, and once again the outside of my big toe and pinky toe suffer from blisters. Now, this has been happening for three months, plenty of time for me to break-in these shoes, so I've decided they're probably not for me.

Does anybody have any suggestions for help? Just a few hours ago my mom wrote an email to customer service explaining my problem and i hope they will have mercy on my unfortunate soccer soul and will give me a discount or something on other merchandise. My question for you guys is what should i do? The blisters still keep coming and I've tried almost every remedy mentioned on this site. Any help would be amazing.

Cheers,
AmericanFutballer
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

Ballack13
Veteran Member

-Double socks
-Vaseline
-Tape over the part of the boot that is causing the blisters

Thats really all ive got, my vapor's have been kind to me for the most part, ive been getting some irratation at the top of my ankle, but nothing too serious, if it gets bad I just switch to my laser's.

zcm12

Use moll skin it comes in a package you put it onto the part of your foot that hurts and it basically makes your fott 50 times thicker

John_Bob
Veteran Member

I would recommend Vaseline, it works like a miracle. Just slather that stuff over your entire foot and you shouldn't get any blisters, not to mention it feels very pleasing.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

John_Bob wrote:I would recommend Vaseline, it works like a miracle. Just slather that stuff over your entire foot and you shouldn't get any blisters, not to mention it feels very pleasing.
whoa there...

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Ballack13 wrote:-Double socks
-Vaseline
-Tape over the part of the boot that is causing the blisters

Thats really all ive got, my vapor's have been kind to me for the most part, ive been getting some irratation at the top of my ankle, but nothing too serious, if it gets bad I just switch to my laser's.
Yea I've tried all that, to no avail. Thanks for the help guys, I just hope Nike will help me out, really I'm surprised how quickly the blisters have healed, the ones on my heel are almost gone.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

tex17cfin

i use athletic tape and tape my big toe and use a strip for my heals as well.. i havent had any problems since doing that

jessclark92

i dont want to sound like i take you for and idiot but the vapors are for people with narrow feet. people with normal or wide feet need to relize that in a few months time they will have massive blisters. the best way to treat that is break your vapors in. i have very narrow feet and usually order a size down since my feet have stopped growing. as we all know blisters are caused by friction. so the less friction the better. what i do when i get a new pair of vapors is this...

1 break em in
2 wear them with blisters so the skin almost calluses
3 if the pain is unbearable, try pre wrap and athletic tape. get a trainner to tape you up as if you had a high ankle sprain. don't tape your self since you could tape the wrong way and cut off circulation to your foot.
4 if they are too loose double sock or put a cut plastic bag in the toe to keep them rounded and snugg. you might get blisters on the front of your toes if there is to much plastic bag.
5 only wear them for games. use a diffrent pair for practice or going to the park. this will allow your blisters to heal and keep your shoes in good condition.
6 once you wash/clean them let them air dry and do not wear them for a week. this stiffens them so you almost have to re break them in even though they fit perfect to your foot.
7 dont use vaseline since that just makes a big mess when its hot out.
8 if all fails.... dont buy vapors or get a size smaller.

the best time to buy synthetic 200 dollar shoes is when your foot has stopped growing. i play keeper and wing so i dont do as much running in a game but durring tryouts and practice i know what it feels like to get massive blisters. when you do get a blister, pop it if it hasn't already, then wash it and clean it. don't let it get dirty and try to keep it dry. hope this was helpful

SHOT234

jessclark92 wrote:i dont want to sound like i take you for and idiot but the vapors are for people with narrow feet. people with normal or wide feet need to relize that in a few months time they will have massive blisters. the best way to treat that is break your vapors in. i have very narrow feet and usually order a size down since my feet have stopped growing. as we all know blisters are caused by friction. so the less friction the better. what i do when i get a new pair of vapors is this...

1 break em in
3 if the pain is unbearable, try pre wrap and athletic tape. get a trainner to tape you up as if you had a high ankle sprain. don't tape your self since you could tape the wrong way and cut off circulation to your foot.
4 if they are too loose double sock or put a cut plastic bag in the toe to keep them rounded and snugg. you might get blisters on the front of your toes if there is to much plastic bag.
5 only wear them for games. use a diffrent pair for practice or going to the park. this will allow your blisters to heal and keep your shoes in good condition.
6 once you wash/clean them let them air dry and do not wear them for a week. this stiffens them so you almost have to re break them in even though they fit perfect to your foot.

the best time to buy synthetic 200 dollar shoes is when your foot has stopped growing. i play keeper and wing so i dont do as much running in a game but durring tryouts and practice i know what it feels like to get massive blisters. when you do get a blister, pop it if it hasn't already, then wash it and clean it. don't let it get dirty and try to keep it dry. hope this was helpful

what do u mean in #6 once you wash/clean them let them air dry and do not wear them for a week. this stiffens them so you almost have to re break them in even though they fit perfect to your foot.

"If what you're working for really matters, you'll give it all you've got"
Nido Qubein

jessclark92

they become shaped to your foot so when they dry they are the perfect fit just a bit snug. you don't really have to rebreak them in but it feels a bit stiff. the day before a game run around in your yard or at the park to get used to the feel. and you don't really have to wait a week more like a day or two.

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

jessclark92 wrote:i dont want to sound like i take you for and idiot but the vapors are for people with narrow feet. people with normal or wide feet need to relize that in a few months time they will have massive blisters. the best way to treat that is break your vapors in. i have very narrow feet and usually order a size down since my feet have stopped growing. as we all know blisters are caused by friction. so the less friction the better. what i do when i get a new pair of vapors is this...

1 break em in

Thanks for the help. It's just getting annoying now because I get blisters on my big toe and the joint like right before it after every game, they don't hurt, just they're really annoying. The blisters i got from my tournament have dissapeared thank god, Nike still hasn't responded though to my email :roll:.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals

jessclark92

Nike will not respond to emails like the one you sent. i have tried before just never got a responce. if you get blisters on the tops of your toes use athletic tape and buddy tape(tape two toes together). i do this alot since i have hammer toes, my toes are really long and rub against the top of my vapors, so i just tape the ones that hurt together so the lie flat and it dosen't hurt as much when i kick the ball or get stepped on.