Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
soubido007

Post by soubido007 » 20 Mar 2010, 04:13

those superflys look better in these real life pics

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 20 Mar 2010, 04:21

soubido007 wrote:those superflys look better in these real life pics
I can't wait to give them a test drive in a pick up game tomorrow.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 21 Mar 2010, 03:03

Took the superflys out for a spin today. Had a hard time with them in a pick up game today, they were really stiff, as are all cleats though. But just a few hours ago I took some shots, they were starting to break in, but they still need a few more outtings.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 21 Mar 2010, 08:09

dibi
New User

Post by dibi » 21 Mar 2010, 12:49

Wanderer wrote:
Zlatan5 wrote:They are graphic designers. The people who design the actual boots, however, are engineers.

Ya noe what type? material engineering? jz askin coz interested in goin into this field..
Giggsy11 wrote:http://www.nikebiz.com/careers/career_a ... ation.html

that might help. I'm interested in this career too. I'm currenly trying to find out what kind of college degrees these guys have. I will let u know when I find out.
If you are interested in the developed in sports apparel and more specifically football boots, you need to look down a mechanical or a sports engineering degree path in university/college, the only problem is that sports engineering is only offered in very few universities/colleges and there are many different disciplines ie. mechanical, civil etc.

The types of subjects you would need to look to do are biomechanics, mechatronics, human anatomy, design. Engineers these days are expected to know a bit of everything within their discipline so there arent many specific engineers like 'material engineers' as a person who has a mechanical eng degree for example shold know what materials are applicable for each situation they face.

If you want to know more about sports engineering in general go to www.sportengineering.com and it has everything you would like to know, like where they offer the discipline, lucky enough i was able to do sports engineering as my home city was the first to have it as a university degree within australia. Its very interesting and boring at the same time because unfortunately there is large quantities of mathematics involved.

foodsample

Post by foodsample » 21 Mar 2010, 16:43

My father is a civil engineer. And recently my older sister started college, and wanted to study engineering as well. But my dads advice to her was if she was going to do engineering, to do mechanical engineering because it is a field that is ever expanding, and has the more versatility to what it can be used for. That way you could use your degree to hold a full time job in maybe another field of ur license, but still have learned the tools needed to do what you want, which Im guessing is design football cleats
"Y lo uvieras pegado al uno o dos que te salian?"
"O la hubiese tirado a la mierda, como lo hago siempre"

Mascherano ftw!

"Focus on the effort, not the results.. then results will come"

Live by it

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 21 Mar 2010, 17:28

I envy you math folk, if I could do math proficiently I would do either engineering or Astrophysics.

arsenal1

Post by arsenal1 » 21 Mar 2010, 19:34

those are sick zlatan!

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 21 Mar 2010, 21:42

thanks

Kasaki
Veteran Member

Post by Kasaki » 21 Mar 2010, 22:58

great video/nice boots, dont like the color though, hope u font mind if I posted on bigsoccer

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 22 Mar 2010, 01:12

I already made a post on Bigsoccer. I didn't like the color at first either, but as with most release color ways it grew onto me, also...they do more justice for themselves in person. believe me on that.

jessclark92

Post by jessclark92 » 23 Mar 2010, 23:56

So I've had me superflys for awhile now and love 'em. They were stiff when I first got them and they gave me some blisters but all boots do that to me at first. Anyway, I have a question to all the other superfly owners, dose the material around your ankle stick out abit? I mean when you are standing still dose the outside material stick out abit? They are nice and snug all around and fit fine and I don't have them laced up to the very last hole but the material just seems to stick out. Is this because they are new or they are not laced up all the way? I see most pros superflys don't do this but that can be in part that they are custom fitted. Just wondering if anyone else has had this "problem" or whatever you want to call it happen to them.
Ronaldo impersinating Arsen Wenger

Rooney thinking: should I laugh or should I punch him?

united10
Veteran Member

Post by united10 » 24 Mar 2010, 04:44

I just ordered the Platinum and red vapor Vs is there anyway i can put my nike red laces in them without removing the lace cover like this?

Cuda17
New User

Post by Cuda17 » 24 Mar 2010, 23:41

i just read this on footy-boots.com. is the new sole design on the MV VI's really worth the extra money then??

"After 5 days of sheer confusion, with every website on the planet telling a different story, we received further communique from the US brand this afternoon stating the facts over their new release. Here’s some of what they had to say:

Quote It is clear there was some confusion on the exact specifications of the new Mercurial Vapor VI due to the conflicting images in the marketplace. One thing is certain; like all Vapors before it, this new boot was designed and engineered with some of the fastest players in the world and continues to push the boundaries of innovation, whilst remaining incredibly light and responsive. These are definitely among Nike’s most advanced products to date and are built to assist explosive acceleration.

It seems that different prototype samples were shot; one with Adaptive Traction and the other with a Flywire upper.

Vapor VI

Bottom Line: No Flywire, No NikeSense Stud. I bet some of you wish Nike had stuck with the last two prototypes, don’t you?!"

jessclark92

Post by jessclark92 » 25 Mar 2010, 04:10

To united10

You can lace them without taking the lace cover off but it takes some time to get the laces down under the cover and through the holes. I would advise taking the little (RED) plastic thing off the laces since no one will see them.
Ronaldo impersinating Arsen Wenger

Rooney thinking: should I laugh or should I punch him?